038. oceanside

STARS
38. oceanside

————✧⋆✧————

————✧⋆✧————

              UPON RETURNING TO Alexandria after their very successful scavenging trip, Sofia and Carl were faced with an impressed Rick Grimes who counted the guns they collected. It wasn't enough, of course, because now they need even more guns for this other group of strange survivors that Gabriel had led them to find when he 'stole their food and ran'. Carl and Sofia had told Rick about the two small families at the mall and Rick had given them permission to take one of the larger vans and bring back the two families.

       It all went strangely smoothly, considering their consistent bad luck recently.

     Ray and his family were settling in well, upon arriving they were in awe of the community and Mira had to stop to calm down before hugging Sofia and Carl and repeatedly thanking them and Rick and Michonne for allowing them a second chance at a semi-normal life with their children.

      Pedro had shed a few tears when his twins ran off to go and play with a few of the other children, shaking Carl and Sofia's hands gratefully.

      After everything that's happened to them, the two teenagers had forgotten that there are good people barely making it out there, and this small group gave them hope that more are.

But today, Sofia doesn't feel very good. See, Tara had revealed to them a secret that she has been keeping for a while, a secret that she promised to keep. But seeing her family this desperate, she couldn't do that. She had told them that when she was out on a two week run, she was rescued from some walkers by a group. A group living on the coastline, a group of women and children, a group that had guns and a group that had their own horrific run in with the saviours. Oceanside is a community that the saviours took everything from, the saviours killed every man and boy that lived in the close knit community after they had rebelled against them.

So, they are now going to try and convince them to join them. If they do join them, they fight with them. If they don't, Alexandria takes their guns from the armoury anyway.

Sofia knows that this is what they need to do, but there's that voice at the back of her head telling her that it's wrong to steal from people who want nothing to do with their fight. At the end of the day, it isn't their fight to fight.

Sofia checks her watch, sighing before hearing the first explosion that they planted outside the walls of Oceanside to ensure nobody was hurt. Sofia hears screaming and shouting as they run right where the Alexandrians planned.