023. fight for him

STARS
023. fight for him

 fight for him

————✧⋆✧————

                         CARL AND RON had mysteriously disappeared but Sofia is currently on babysitting duty, much to her dismay. She adores Judith, though, so she isn't too annoyed that she isn't helping them formulate the plan. Judith is sat happily playing with her toys in the travel crib and Sofia is crouched beside her, talking to her as though she gives a shit.

     "I don't know what to do, Jude." Sofia sighs, looking at the toddler who ignores her, fidgeting with a red building block. "You know, your brother is a pain in my ass. We're in a life or death crisis right now and he decided to kiss me. And now I'm distracted because I keep thinking about how it felt." She groans quietly, shaking her head. "Can you please be a little shit next time he's looking after you?"

    Judith simply throws the block down onto the blanket beside her with a content smile on her face and Sofia sighs, a smile spreading across her own face as she watches Judith playing.

    The sudden sound of glass shattering makes Sofia perk up as she quickly stands and rushes downstairs, seeing Jessie and Rick banging on the garage door.

    "Carl!" Rick shouts, banging on the door.

     "Carl!" Sofia calls out for him in fear, hearing clattering and Carl shouting.

     "Back up!" Rick orders before taking his axe down onto the lock with a grunt. He repeats that a few times before being able to kick open the door, seeing Carl holding a shelf against the walkers attempting to get in through the shattered door.

    "Come on!" Rick yells at them and they run out, slamming the door behind them and Rick hurried to get the sofa, holding it upright against the door as the walkers bang at it.

     "We need more, and we need to be quiet." Rick whispers to them and Sofia pushes her hands against the sofa that pushes back with every shove of the walkers. Carl is beside her, his hand resting above her head as the two of them, Rick and Jessie hold the sofa in place.

    "I'll see what I can find." Michonne says and Gabriel nods, telling them he'll go look too.

    "Hey, hey, what happened in there?" Rick asks Carl who looks to his father as he adjusts his arm above Sofia.

     "We were looking for tools and knocked over a shelf." Carl explains but Sofia sees straight through him.

    "We heard yelling." Rick retorts, raising his eyebrows at his son.

    "Yeah, Ron saw them break through the gates. We had to move." Carl states, looking down at Sofia who looks at him with a small nod. "That's what happened."