Chapter 24

Madam lan was recovering fast enough under wei ying's meticulous supervision.

Day by day passed, madam lan had suspected that his younger son and the skillful doctor were in a relationship, however, they were doing there best not to be obvious.

Today was an important day as she could finally get rid of staying here and her family were supposed to take her back.

"Madam lan, everything is prepared! lan zhan called me that they were on the way and would be here soon"

We Ying helped her to get out of the there, from far distance they saw the car parking in front of them.But, an unfamiliar figure came out, bowing his head slightly

"Mr.lan informed us he could not come and send us instead to take madam" he said as he opened the door for them

Wei ying stopped madam from taking a step toward the car and somehow stood in front of her, protecting her.

He could not stop his bad feeling about this man, he seemed suspicious

"Which Mr.Lan you mean?" He watched his act sharply.

"Um..Mr.Lan Xichen asked us"

The man immediately got closer

"Madam lan, let me help you" as he was moving closer wei ying saw another man in the car hidden, however his slight motion was not unnoticed from wei ying's observant eyes.

"Wait!" Wei ying turned to madam lan and whispered "they are suspicious, please stay behind me" she nodded positively.

He needed to waste time until lan zhan could come.

"Madam has forgotten to take her bracelet and I wanted to ask you to wait a minute, you know it was a precious gift from Mr.Lan and a symbol of their love"

wei ying put on a smile as he told madam

" madam lan, could you go back and find it quickly? We will be waiting for you" wei ying winked to her so she would get what he meant.

Madam retreated and hesitantly looked back at him, wei ying was definitely in danger and she was two hearted about leaving him alone with them but she needed to call his sons.

Wei ying closed his eyes reassuringly when he noticed she was worried.

"Catch them" more men dropped out of the car and the last thing madam and Wei Ying could remember was the scent of anesthesia and darkness.

~Lan Zhan~
"Young master lan!" As soon as he got out of the car, he saw one of the guards rushing toward him scared.

He was supposed to escort madam and Wei Ying.He had a bad feeling about what he was going to hear.

"Speak" his cold voice made the guard tremble in fear how he could say they were not careful enough.

"...Madam and Mr.Wei are kidnapped "

Lan zhan's heart did not beat for a second as he heard his dear mother and beloved were taken.

He stumbled back, feeling no energy in his body, even finding his breathing hard.

Lan Xichen was running toward them, his own condition was not better but his brother seemed so pale

" brother! I heard what happened! I already sent people to find out and definitely, it must be Jins!" Rage was running through his veins, he clenched his fists.

"Let's go home, father must be worried too, I won't let the Jins get out of our hands easily this time !"

~Wei Ying~

Noises around him and then the coldness of water made his eyes snap wide open.

Wei Ying's heart was still beating fast because of the sudden shock.His hands were tied tightly, hurting his wrists.

Just a look at the familiar man in front of him made him remember the last scene of his consciousness.

He looked around anxiously, saw madam Lan lying there unconscious.

"You have finally woken up, I was getting impatient" Wei Ying turned his gaze toward him.

his smirk and his violent tone were terrifying but Wei Ying hid his facial expression, not showing any sign of fear.

"Who are you? What do you want?!"

The fierce man silently approached him and suddenly punched his stomach harshly.

"Ahhh!!!" Wei ying was thrown backward, he could feel the immense pain spreading all over his body.His own painful voice was the only sound breaking the room's silence.

Madam lan finally woke up to his sound and her eyes filled with worry as soon as she lied her eyes on Wei Ying's situation.

"Doctor!"

As the man intended to walk toward her, Wei Ying acted immediately and stood in front of her, preventing him from approaching anymore.

His tied hands were real problem.Despite the obvious consequences he would get, Wei Ying tried bravely to protect Lan Zhan's mother.

He was beaten mercilessly until he was coughing blood.Finally, the man stopped

"You better stay silent in your place"

"LIANG!"

Another guard ran inside hurriedly, calling him

"What?"

"Master called us over, hurry!"

Liang spared him a last glance and left with a smirk " I will come again!"

Madam Lan approached Wei Ying, examined him worriedly "Are you okey?"

He nodded his head, finding it hard to talk.
Wei ying gathered all of his energy and sat with her help.

He was breathing heavily, his lungs hurting with every breath.Wei ying leaned his back against the cold wall, supporting him staying stable.

They stayed silent for a while, each of them lost in thought.
"Are you dating Lan zhan?"
Madam's sudden question about their relationship startled him.

Wei ying immediately sat straight, his abrupt movement got him in pain.

"Ahh!" He closer his eyes from the pain, grabbed his chest, staying patient so his body would get relaxed.

"Don't move "

Madam Lan clenched his hand " your hand is cold " Wei Ying heard her trembling voice and opened his eyes, trying to smile

"I'm fine"

__________________________________
Hi everyone 🥰 , sorry for the late update, I have load of exams and would be free in 2 weeks, I will do my best to update more
Thanks for your patience 🙏🏻