27 - Apologies & Doubts

YOONGI was trapped in his own room for days and he still doesn't know when he'll finally have the opportunity to find his way out.

He couldn't sneak out anywhere including the balcony because there are also numerous guard below it, simply waiting to take him if ever they catch him sneaking out.

He heard his door creak open and there stood his father's personal guard, "His majesty commanded the rest of the guards that we can now stop guarding your highness' room, the king also is requesting for you in the office."

Yoongi nodded, "finally." He thought to himself.

But if his father thought that locking him inside his room for forever will stop him from chasing after his servant, he's deeply mistaken.

Youngjee mentioned that it's their family who had to evacuate so Yoongi doesn't believe that this is the end of him and Hoseok's story.

He will never be reassured until he actually finds them, until he actually finds answers.

And there he was, Yoongi stood in front of his father who's sitting on his throne. He didn't even bother to give him a proper greeting, he just stood there and waited for what his father will have to say.

With his head down, Yoongi heard Myungdae rise from his seat and approach him.

"My son, I'm very sorry." Myungdae spoke softly and embraced the younger.

Because of what he heard, the latter looked up and realized that his father was actually apologizing to him, something he rarely does because of his fragile masculinity.

"Your father is deeply sorry for hurting you." Myungdae said again.

Hearing his father like that, Yoongi's soft spot for him melted and so he teared up and nodded, "It's- It's fine, I'm not angry with you." The prince answered with a sob, forgiving his father right there and then, without any hint of doubt crossing his mind.

"I realized I can't control who you are, I deeply regret what I've done."

Yoongi couldn't believe that everything he's hearing is coming from his father's mouth.

Even if it's a dream, real or not, he's glad he finally fixed the grudges between him and his father.

"Now fix yourself, we're having lunch with the Jeon's later."

Oh.

He thought to himself.

-

Yoongi arrived at the dining hall and everyone was there. They're sitting at the same spot they always sit on whenever a family dinner is being held in the Min's palace.

But someone is missing, it was Jeon Jiwoo.

Yoongi furrowed his brows in confusion as he searched around the hall, still no sight of the princess. Though in confusion, he chose to not ask any questions and situated himself in front of Jiwoo's empty chair.

Jungkook looked at him with his doe eyes, but this time, those doe eyes are dubious and wasn't cheerful as it used to be.

"Hello." The younger prince greeted, forcing a smile at his hyung.

The older bowed at Jungkook, greeting him back while doing the same towards Jimin.

After awhile, the two royal families sat and ate, while talking about random topics. It was still a normal family dinner, except for the fact that Jiwoo is not sitting across from him.

After the conversation both the kings are having died down, Janggeun spoke shifting everyone's center of attention to him.

"As all of you are seeing, my precious Jiwoo is not around to eat with us anymore, the reason for that is because me and my friend, Myungdae, decided to cancel our youngest children's wedding. Jiwoo is now back to not being allowed to be seen in public."" He said, while the others around them nodded, letting him finish his words before giving their reaction.

"My son Yoongi, came out to me last last week, he told me he didn't want to marry a woman because he's not romantically attracted to them." This time, it was Myungdae's turn to speak. He spoke with all smiles and cheerfulness, as if he's proud of what he's doing.

As if he's proud that he is outing his son in front of everyone without his son's consent.

Yoongi's heart dropped to his gut, he didn't expect he will be outed like this in front of Janggeun, his father like figure he always respected. He doesn't know Janggeun's opinion about homosexuality. He couldn't speak because of the pressure he felt, he felt as if everyone's eyes are staring at him with intense judgement, which made him feel more shameful about himself.

Jungkook stared at his bestfriend worryingly.

"Poor Yoongi." Jimin whispered, "Should we say something?"

Jungkook just breathed and glanced down at his fist that was digging into his palms because of nervousness, he couldn't talk because of what he's been expecting to hear.

But expecting it doesn't mean it is something good.

"Me and Myungdae decided that the wedding to be held is now for our sons, Yoongi and Jungkook, who's luckily also attracted to men. A perfect match, am I right?" The two kings laughed.

"Jiwoo-ah, your wedding with Prince Yoongi has been cancelled by the King." Janggeun smiled at his children as he looked up from his plate.

The beautiful princess's face brightens up, she doesn't usually smile, so it felt good to the males to see her lips finally giving off that expression.

"Apparently, the Min's youngest son is homosexual and we've decided that Jungkook is going to marry him instead since he's also like him." Janggeun added.

Jiwoo and Jimin's happy faces faded and showed concern for their brother knowing that he's in a relationship already.

"You'll do that for me, for our kingdom, right, son?" He questioned Jungkook who remained silent.

"H-How about I'll marry the prince instead, I'm the same age as him." Jimin protested, wanting to save his brother's feelings.

"You cannot, for you are only half of the Jeons royal family blood."

The aforementioned male just shook his head in response to his older brother's question after he snapped out of the flashback from three days ago.

He couldn't even try and refuse Janggeun's request to out him in front of everyone by announcing that he's gay, let alone stand up for Yoongi.

"It's okay, hyung." Jungkook whispered words of assurance to Yoongi even though the other couldn't hear him.

-

a/n :

jk x yoongi fiances 😏😏🫶