17 - Dates & Pigeons!

"COMING back already? There's literally thirty minutes left in your lunch break, what are you doing in here? Why do you look like you've seen a ghost? Where's the prince? Who scared you—"

"For fuck's sake Taehyung, spare me the nagging!" Hoseok whined, cutting off his younger bestfriend's words as he threw his arms in the air in exaggeration.

Hoseok situated himself beside the fellow farmer who was sitting at a small hat and eating his own lunch.

"Seriously hyung, what happened? Usually you just come back if the lunch break's over." Taehyung raised his brows, turning to his hyung with a curious look.

The older male sighed, wearing his straw hat back on his head, "Well, I saw something I never thought I'll see." He answered.

"What do you mean?"

"I saw Yoongi with General Kim, they're hugging and they.. They look emotional."

"And? What happened? What'd they do next?" Taehyung queried further, clearly not getting Hoseok's point, "Based on what you are saying, there's nothing wrong about it? They sounded like happy bestfriends who missed eachother. Hell, if you were away from me for three years I will also cry but sin—"

"You know what? Sometimes all you need is to stay silent and eat your lunch peacefully." Hoseok cut him off again, clearly not wanting Taehyung to run his mouth and nag him.

Taehyung can be annoying though but without him, Hoseok's probably deciding all by himself and screwing his life choices.

"Well, I warned you hyungie and when I started being annoying that's when you'll know I'm right." The younger shrugged, now shoving a spoon full of rice in his mouth, "Taehyung knows best." He added with a wink.

---

"Prince, oh my gosh!" Youngjee called for the royalty as she tried to catch for her breath, "Where are you going? The king is furious, he's been looking for you!"

Yoongi turned around to face the young servant, shaking his head, "What does my father want?" He asked.

"He wanted you to take the princess out."

Well fuck.

He couldn't tell her no now, could he? Otherwise, Youngjee's going to be the one who will receive all the scolding just because she failed to lead the prince back to the castle. Also, this might be Yoongi's chance to talk to the princess, to get to know her better and most importantly, to know if she wanted this wedding to happen or not.

The two headed back to the mansion and there they saw Myungdae, Seungshin and Jang-geun standing outside, probably conversing about wealth or any other topic that'll never reach Yoongi's interest.

"There's my son." Myungdae exclaimed as soon as he saw Yoongi walking towards them, all three men shifting their attention to the young man, "Where were you?"

"I was at the flower fields—"

"Of course you are." Myungdae interrupted, not wanting to hear whatever Yoongi's going to say about his dumb flower field. That's what his father described it as.

Yoongi couldn't help but sigh, his shoulder slouching, "I heard you were looking for me father." He said.

"Yes, I did and I can't believe you decided to go out without my permission."

Ridiculous. Yoongi never asked for permission, he doesn't need to. He's a fucking adult. Why is this old man suddenly treating Yoongi like he owned him, like he's a little kid?

"I'm sorry, my friends. Yoongi tends to get shy when there's plenty of guests. Son, aren't you supposed to take your fiancee out? To get to know each other?"

The three men chuckled and Yoongi swore they were mocking the fuck out of him.

Oh, the embarrassment he's getting is unbelievable!

"The princess is in the car, she's waiting for you." Jang-geun said.

Yoongi nodded as a response for an umpteenth time, not even bothering to hide his obviously pissed off expressions at the three old men as he walked away from them and went to the said luxury car that was parked in front of the mansion.

"Hey." Yoongi muttered with a faint smile as he saw Jiwoo sitting inside.

The princess looked up at him and returned the smile, moving aside to let the male sit beside her.

Jiwoo is a beautiful woman, Yoongi can't deny that. She has an intimidating face and posture that completely contrasts he shy and usually silent personality. Guess that's what happens to a princess if she's locked inside a mansion for years; not allowed to go outside and interact with other people.

Yoongi sat beside the princess, keeping a good space between them, not trying to invade Jiwoo's obviously fragile personal bubble.

"Where do you want me to drop you and your princess off, your highness?" The chauffeur asks, looking at the pair by the rear view mirror.

The royalty looked at Jiwoo, asking her where she wanted to go, the lady answering with an "It's up to you."

"Uhm, what do you think about going to the plaza?" Yoongi asked.

And with that, Jiwoo gasped and her eyes widened like saucers as she nods enthusiastically, "We passed by the plaza awhile ago and I saw there's plenty of pigeons hanging around the park, can we please feed them?" She smiled.

Yoongi chuckled at her reaction and agreed, "You heard the lady." He told the chauffeur.

"Okay, off to the plaza we go."

---

a / n :

sorry for barely updating, i was busy bc i needed to take care of my mom's smol business 🥺

and i was actually contemplating whether to publish this chapter or not, it's so bad omg. im sorry if this wasnt the best (it'll get better i swear 💀)

btw yall, thank you for 800 reads!! i love youuuu ☺️❤️