48 - The Queen & The Heir

THE death of the king have caused a mixed emotional turmoil towards the people of Esperance.

After receiving the news, some people are pleased and enraged, while the others are afraid the terrorists are going to attack again.

Some are skeptical and don't know how to continue on with their lives now that the throne has been left vacant, not having any idea who will be the next one that will rule the palace.

Because the prince, Min Yoongi, who the people are expecting to be the next in line with the throne was nowhere to be found.

Meanwhile, the queen fell ill and her daughter is the only one taking care of her, they couldn't put focus on who will be the next heir to the throne because of it.

The Min's are slowly crumbling into pieces.

The said queen woke up, finally after being unconscious for 2 days. She can barely move, she felt so weak.

"Y-Yoonji?" She muttered to call for her daughter who was sitting by the foot of the bed as always, waiting for her to finally flutter her eyes open.

Yoonji responded, "Mother," and rushed to give the woman an embrace. "Are you feeling alright?"

Chaerin remained silent. Instead, she lied flat on her back with her eyes closed, allowing her long-suppressed tears to fall down with freedom

"I.. I can't b-believe what Agust did." She whispers, her voice gravelly from not being able to talk, "I know how much mistakes your father have done but.. I just can't bring myself to hate him." She remarked, now breaking down, letting her daughter hear her faint sobs.

Yoonji started crying too, her heart breaking after the revelations of her father's sins and his death.

Yoonji nods and kisses her mother's knuckles, saying, "I understand you, but I'm glad it's now gone. This is the punishment father deserves because of how much he made our people struggle. Esperance deserve a better king who will do nothing but the greater good for the palace."

Chaerin smiles, feeling herself slowly getting weaker, "I think I'm not going to last long, Yoonji."

This causes Yoonji's heart to drop to her gut. She doesn't want to lose another family member again, "Don't say that, please." She cries.

"I want to see Yoongi and Agust before I die."

-

After the wedding massacre, the terrorists took the prince who had fell unconscious, as per Hoseok's wishes. He wanted to redeem himself to his lover.

It wasn't too long until Yoongi woke up later that night in an unfamiliar hut he could tell belongs to Hoseok'.

"The prince is awake!" He heard Youngjee announced outside as she rushed to open the door.

Yoongi perked up after hearing the familiar voice, he missed the little girl so much, he haven't seen her ever since they left Haeundae.

"Youngjee, I haven't seen you in awhile." He smiles, "But.. Where am I?" He then queries.

"Jirisan Mountains, your highness." She giggled, "Oppa took you in after you passed out."

Speaking of her older brother, Hoseok barged inside the hut, he looked excited as he saw the laying prince, Youngjee left to give them some alone time.

Yoongi noticed that Hoseok's face came back to his old self. His old self that is the reason why Yoongi fell in love with him. He looked happy now, his face was shining, the Sun's starting to grow ashamed of itself again.