39 - Attack to Escape

THE prince fluttered his eyes open, direct sunlight reflecting to the glass door hitting him and prompted him to a grimace.

He heard shuffling of things around him, followed by a whisper saying "He's awake." and that voice was the possession of someone he doesn't want to see nor talk to.

"Why the fuck are you here?" Was the first thing Yoongi muttered to the general who was standing by the foot of his bed.

"I'm here to examine you, Yoongi-ssi." Namjoon informed, "Since you passed out because of the incident at the plaza yesterday."

Before taking the military, Namjoon studied and graduated a Medical course, which may explain why he's the one who presented to examine Yoongi.

"I don't want you to take care of me, get out of my sight." He sternly remarked.

"Prince, I'm afraid I can't do that. King Myungdae stated it's critical that someone look out for you right now, so I'll be your personal guard from now on, because your family's lives could be in danger," the general said, causing Yoongi's jaw to gape.

"For fuck's sake, my boyfriend's life is in far more danger than my fucking family, he's going to be beheaded in the next two days!" Yoongi screams furiously as he sits up from his bed.

Namjoon was surprised and perplexed at the same time.

Prince Jeon Jungkook was not scheduled for beheading, neither was he imprisoned.

He asked to himself.

However, two men were apprehended for kidnapping Min Yoongi and Jeon Jungkook.

Until finally, Namjoon realized what was really going on and why the King was determined to kill Jung Hoseok and his family.

He looked back at the prince who was pulling at his blueberry locks, he was panicking, "You're a fucking murderer. I hate you, Kim." Yoongi cursed at him.

"You killed them." Yoongi rebuked. "You killed Dawon and Mrs. Kim. Dawon is Agust's wife and she's pregnant with his child! You killed a child's future and my brother's dream!"

"Y-Yoongi.." Namjoon couldn't say a word as Yoongi continued to yell at him, everything he tried to say will just end up in a stupid utter.

"You are the fucking general, Namjoon and you know damn well that your soldiers listen to your commands more than the King's so why didn't you stop them? Is that why you want to be a General? To take part in extrajudicial killings against impoverished, defenseless people?"

"N-No.. Yoongi.. I didn't know what to do, I was horrified and frozen in my place." Namjoon proclaimed as he couldn't find the right exact words to what he's feeling the day of the plaza massacre, "I had no idea that..–"

Was Yoongi really right? Was he a blundering General?

"I don't care about any explanations right now, what you did was wrong and no amount of analysis will change the fact that you participated in the murder of an innocent person; you don't deserve to be a general."

Those particular words...

Those words were the ones that hurt Namjoon the most.

He didn't expect it to come from the lips of the first person who encouraged him to pursue his dream of becoming a soldier.

When they were still together, Yoongi used to be always there to motivate him, to praise him and tell him how he should continue training for the military even though his father wanted him to be a doctor.

Namjoon considers himself to be a coward. No matter how composed and intimidating he presents himself. That won't change the fact that he is afraid of being invalidated by the people he admires. He doesn't want them to think he's unworthy, so he doesn't want to disobey and go against them.

But everytime he follows his heart, something worst always takes a turn.

When he followed his heart to finally pursue the opportunity given to him to train as a General abroad, he lost Yoongi.

The only person who supports him.

"Don't listen to what they say, Joonie. You're worthy to become a general and you deserve to be. Esperance deserve a young and smart general like you."

Those are the phrases Yoongi always says to him. It was a far cry from what he was saying to him right now, and that was the part that pained the general the most.

"I'm sorry.." All his thoughts restrained him from explaining what he has in mind.

"Please just get out, I don't want to see your face," Yoongi said, gazing at him with displeasure.

Namjoon understood this and sighed, bowing at the royalty before exiting the room, leaving Yoongi alone with his own melancholic thoughts.

What is Yoongi going to do now? He wants to save his lover but.. How?

He knows how powerful his father is and he will do anything in his power to take down Hoseok. If Yoongi won't do anything right now, there's a chance Hoseok and Taehyung will never make it.

The prince assumes both the imprisoned males are too weak because of the endless torturing given upon them. They'll be too frail to even try to fight back or flee from the prison guards.

Yoongi started sobbing at the prospect of the punishment Hoseok and Taehyung will face in the next three days.

It'll be pure luck if they managed to survive. Everything's impossible for the persecuted men right now.

Yoongi on the other hand, he too was helpless. As much as he wants to save his boyfriend from the hands of injustice, he couldn't. He couldn't do anything because he too was imprisoned in his own home.

He might not see Hoseok again, feel him, kiss him and hear his voice..

And that thought alone is enough to break Yoongi's heart to millions of pieces.

-

"STUPID!!" A loud shout erupted from King Myungdae's office, drawing Yoongi's attention who was sitting in his bedroom with the door open.

So he decided to walk out to try and investigate what's happening.

"You mean to tell me that the convicts outsmarted you because of your carelessness!" Myungdae shouted again, his voice as loud as Yoongi's hammering heart.

It's December 30, 6 days after Myungdae decided to punish Hoseok and Taehyung, which means by tomorrow they'll be facing their gruesome faith.

"I'm sorry to inform you this, my lord," the person from Yoongi's father's office said, "but the prisoners Jung Hoseok and Kim Taehyung managed to escape and left all fifty soldiers guarding their cell dead."

Myungdae punched the table of his office, almost punching a hole on it because of the force controlled by his anger.

Yoongi couldn't convey how relieved he was that Hoseok and Taehyung had escaped on the last day. But.. How? It's just the two of them, and taking out all of the guards stationed around the outside of the single man prison is impossible.

"We can't let those criminals run loose! Search for them now and by the time you see them, off them with their heads!" Yoongi's father commanded as if he was chanting a black magic to curse Hoseok and Taehyung.

Yoongi clutched his chest tightly.

"Yes, your highness. The search for Jung and Kim are now on going." Said the Investigator. "Since all guards were slained with the same slash to the throat and with a stab squared across the heart, Kim and Jung may not be the only people who killed the large amount of guards; instead, this might be an attack by a specific group."

"The forensics are taking ten of the prison guard's dead body for autopsy as we speak for we decided to analyze the victims' bodies for any signs of poisons used on the weapons since this may give us some sort of clues who they might be.."

"We cannot let any stones unturned, sir, since this group might be stronger than our military force and this might be a precursor of a much bigger and dangerous attack in the future."