40 - Threats & Terror

YOONGI woke up to the sound of a palace guard yelling through the megaphone.

"People of Esperance, back off the Palace's walls!!" He warned, "Those who won't do what told will be arrested."

Yoongi ran to his balcony, but couldn't see what was actually going on about why the town's citizens were being told to back off by the guards.

And so he left his bedroom and bolted down the staircase. It's much easier to get out now since his father decided to free him from the guards watching him.

It was a long run from the mansion and to the spot where there were people and guards swarming around.

He followed the sound's direction, which led him to the palace's facade, which he was barely approaching when he noticed pools of people encircling the palace's walls and gate.

"What's going on here?" the prince inquires of one of the palace gardeners present to watch the ruckus.

Before answering him, the gardener bowed and said, "Your highness, people of Esperance heard the news about the terrorists vandalizing the palace walls and these caused fear among them."

Yoongi nodded and went outside to see the allegedly vandalized walls for himself.

Yoongi immediately recognized what it was about. It was a graffiti of an embossed skull with the words 불타는 검 (Bultaneun Geom/Flaming Swords) written underneath it.

 It was a graffiti of an embossed skull with the words 불타는 검 (Bultaneun Geom/Flaming Swords) written underneath it

(a/n : bear w/ my edit i tried 😭🙏)

The people around Esperance knows who these people were, especially Yoongi. These people are a group of terrorists called Flaming Swords, a rebellion against Min Myungdae's regime.

Back then Yoongi didn't understand why there was an organization against their family who attacked government officials and once bombed the whole plaza, just because Min Myungdae was there holding a meeting for the town's people.

Because, despite his dislike for his father, he didn't grasp the whole "terrorists wanting to kill him" thing, but now he understands why and what those guys needed.

"Why are they suddenly coming back?"

"For five years, our village was quiet, and I even assumed they'd all vanished!"

Endless gossips and voice of worries clouded the main gate of the Min's palace.

Yoongi then notices his father talking with the forensic investigator, so he decides to walk closer to them to hear their conversation.

"Sir, we've identified a lead in the investigation of Kim and Jung's escape." The investigator who spoke to King Myungdae about Hoseok and Taehyung's disappearance the other day said.

"That's good, let's talk about that over breakfast," Myungdae said casually, and the investigator agreed and accompanied him back to the mansion.

Yoongi followed also, to eavesdrop and to eat because his stomach's been hurting because of not eating enough for days.