42 - Finding Out

"WHY can't you just tell me, Joon? I need it.. I need to see my boyfriend." Yoongi pleaded to the general with his dejected felinesque eyes.

"I'm sorry, Yoongi but I really don't have any idea. Just like what Mr. Nam told you, the case was long forgotten that's why it's never been brought up ever since I stepped into my position." The general explained at the shorter.

He's glad he doesn't know where the rebels' location is. It's better this way, Yoongi doesn't need to know.

"Well then search for it in your office or something, please? This is important for me." Yoongi remarked, as if Namjoon's refusal was not a definite answer for him.

"No, Yoongi even if I find the files about them I won't be giving it to you, especially since your father assigned me to guard for you, I don't want to put you in unsafe situations."

Yoongi scoffed hearing about the irony in his father's orders once again, "He assigned you as my personal guard not because he wants to keep me safe, but it's because he wants to keep me from seeing Hoseok."

"Exactly."

Yoongi rolled his eyes at the General's clever quips as his expression went blank in realization.

The General snapped out from his trance about him and Yoongi's conversation two days ago.

He's now back on duty and is standing in front of a military investigator as he just stared at the white wall of the office, while deeply contemplating.

Call Namjoon selfish or anything but the other main reason he doesn't want Yoongi to know the terrorists location is because there's a possibility he and Hoseok will be reunited.

He doesn't want that happening.

He doesn't want to see Yoongi suffering because of a forbidden love. He doesn't want Yoongi to be in different types of dangers just because of that one boy.

That one boy Namjoon secretly wishes was him, someone who's Yoongi's deeply in love with, who Yoongi is willing to risk everything he has just so he can love him freely.

He doesn't want to witness any of that when he should've been the one Yoongi's in love with.

Not just some worker who can barely even afford Yoongi's needs and cravings.

But, that's just his thoughts from two days ago.

Namjoon woke up this morning and his view about this certain situation is changing all of a sudden.

Because, after inspecting the investigations for the notorious group from five years ago, he finds it suspicious that the former general suddenly stopped the investigation all of a sudden, knowing how much of a risk it will be knowing they're just around living freely, even if they chose to stay passive.

They could be laying low and is planning to attack again.

And that's exactly what's going to happen.

So Namjoon came to a decision that he should start sticking his nose to the investigations of the Flaming Swords and to also give Yoongi the answers he wanted.

"Sir?" A personnel who was typing away in his computer snapped him out of his floating daze. The soldier was concerned because of how weird the man's been acting ever since he entered the office.

"Give me a folder about the possible locations where the Flaming Swords are hiding and the profiles of the missing undercover investigators and where they're heading to when they disappeared." He commanded to the said personnel, who is also part of the soldiers in search for the said terrorists.

"I need it as soon as possible."

--

"Hyung!" Jungkook greeted in surprise when he saw the older prince in front of him when he opened the door to their condo.

He threw himself towards Yoongi for a warm, tight hug, almost feeling emotional because of being grounded and the only person he sees is Jimin and sometimes their father.

Jimin came into Yoongi's view, the said male smiling and hugging him just like what Jungkook did.

Yoongi's visit was a great timing, since Janggeun is out for a meeting along with Myungdae so they can talk freely together and discuss whatever plan they have.

Myungdae hasn't mentioned a topic about Yoongi's wedding in the days since the purported "kidnapping" of the princes took place; even the wedding plans was put on hold.

Yoongi for a second thought it was cancelled or will be moved, but when he heard the two kings are going on another meeting again, he fears they're going to talk about the dreadful wedding.

"I heard the investigations about Taehyung and Hoseok and they will be killed if they're found. It's worrying me for days and I couldn't do anything."

Jungkook had been crying and worrying nonstop for the last few days, just like Yoongi when he was grounded.

He even begged his father to let him go out and made a vow to him that he will never talk to Taehyung again, even though he knows he can never do that and that the only reason why he wants to be free is to look for his boyfriend.

Much like what Yoongi's feeling, Jungkook, he too was in immense guilt.

He was the first to iniatiate the plan about them running away.

"You need to help me, hyung. I need to talk to m-my Taetae." Jungkook frowned, he couldn't bear to say Taehyung's name again because the more he crosses his mind, the more he worries, "Have you talked to Hoseok hyung yet? What happened after they escaped?"

Jungkook feels like he's the root of all the problems the two men are facing now. If they didn't decide to run away, Taehyung could still be with his mother. He haven't even met the woman yet and he never got to hear her proper blessings about their relationship in person.

Taehyung talks about his mother, a lot. He adores the woman so much because she's his only family, the one who took care of him even though he's not her real son.

Just thinking about what Taehyung's feeling whenever Jungkook tries to put himself in the other's shoes, he couldn't bare any of it.

He just wants to be with Taehyung, to give him all the love and comfort he needs. To console him and fill the love he lost from his mother now that she's gone.

What will Jungkook feel if he learns that his boyfriend could be part of the notorious group?

Jimin looked at Yoongi with concern in his eyes, his heart also hurting because he's been the one who witnesses his brother's grief every night.

"Kookie.." Yoongi whispers as he reached out to hold the youngers hands, "Hyung wants to tell you something."

-

Jungkook was having mixed feelings when he heard the news and no, he doesn't feel the same way Yoongi is feeling.

He doesn't feel used or manipulated. He knows Taehyung loves him and Jungkook trusts him.

But the news had a little to no effect in his emotions though. Taehyung's life is still in danger whether or not he is a part of them.

They remained mute and are now at a loss for what to do or how to even begin carrying out their plan for they are back to square one.

Yoongi knows Namjoon will be no help now. The general won't budge.

Until they heard a knock coming from the door.

No one wanted to open it because of the laziness caused by confusion, but another knock repeated, it finally pushed Jimin to stand and open for whoever the person was on the other side.

He swung open the door, revealing General Kim Namjoon holding a brief case in his clutches.

-

a/n ;

double update 😊😊