02 - Farmers & Crushes

"ARE you sure you don't want to eat, son? I prepared boiled pork and rice for you!" Daeun asked her son who was making his way towards the door

Today wasn't a normal day, Hoseok finally get to have two works around the Esperance Palace, the first being a fruit harvester together with his bestfriend, Taehyung and the second being the chef's helper/assistant.

It's a delight for the young male, having to work double means double the pay and he wanted nothing more for his family but to eat three meals a day.

"No thanks, eomma. Me and Taehyungie are always full because we eat damaged fruits sneakily!" Hoseok chuckled as he rolled his white long sleeves to his elbow.

"Are you sure? If not, I can pack it and bring it to you later at lunch." His mother insisted, the male just snickered, shaking his head and ran out the door.

"Goodbye, eomma!" He yelled before shutting their wooden, barely standing and damaged door, close.

He knows his mother won't shut up about her food, so he just ran out to avoid her.

"Hyung!" Taehyung immediately called, running to the fellow fruit farmer with his boxy smile on show.

"I went to the computer cafe awhile ago and did some research about my crush! I found out his favorite fruit is strawberries too and he's best friends with Prince Yoongi!" The younger squealed, clinging to his hyung's muscular arms.

"You're a such a cutie, Taehyung-ah." Hoseok laughed as he shook his head, pinching his bestfriend's cheeks.

"Do you think he'll like the strawberries I've been growing? However, I feel like its taste is a bit bland, right!? How do I make it sweet, how? I need to give my Prince Jungkookie some strawberries!" Taehyung rumbled, a paper bag of strawberries in his clutches as he shoved a piece of the fruit to Hoseok's mouth for him to taste as they walked.

Yeah It is bland.

"I'm pretty sure he can buy all the sweet strawberries in this world, Taetae, he's a rich person!"

"You're right." And with that, Taehyung pouted, popping another one of his bland strawberry in his mouth, "He probably won't even talk to me, I'm just a low life, not even allowed to touch a single strand of his hair."

"Sounds like something you wouldn't say, you used to be so delusional."

The two finally arrived at the big palace gates, passing by the guard house and smiling at the civil guards in charge.

"I really wish he'll come and visit the prince so I can see his face in motion." Taehyung once again sighed, gaydreaming about his prince crush from the neighboring palace, Prince Jeon Jungkook.

"Don't loose hope, Taehyungie. But as much as I love talking about boys with you, I should go to the head chef. I'll see you later, yeah?" Hoseok said, patting the younger on the head before walking to a different pathway, splitting up with Taehyung.

"Okay, I'll see you later hyung and oh, don't forget to talk to the prince." Taehyung teased, winking at his hyung because he knew how much the older was head over heals with the royalty, Hoseok talks about it all the time.

---

Hoseok made his way behind the Min mansion, knocking at the door he assumed was the door to the kitchen.

The metal door swung open revealing his older sister who was also working for the Min's as a maid, "Noona!" Hoseok greeted his sister, Dawon smiling as she daw her brother.

"What are you doing here, Hoseokie?" The older girl asked, inviting her brother inside the busy kitchen where the other maids was inside too, chattering at their vacant time.

"I'm here to ask for the ingredients from the head chef, I'm going to be working as her assistant!" Hoseok cheered.

Right after that the chef walked to the siblings' view, a paper and pen in her hand, "You must be my new assistant, Jung Hoseok?" She asked, Hoseok nodding excitedly.

The young male was really excited when he got the position as a chef's assistant, he loved cooking and he wanted to learn more ingredients and about expensive dishes.

And of course, to taste exquisite meals for free.

"This is the list of the ingredients I want you to buy at the wet market, please if possible ask for the brightest green leaves of the vegetables listed, okay? Don't pick anything that has holes in it or I will be furious." The chef rambled, showing the younger male her list, Hoseok just nodded along with it, taking mental notes of the chef's add ons.

"And wait for the dairies by the Plaza, it should take awhile to arrive since it's shipped from Japan but you're fine with waiting, right?" The chef asked. Hoseok, for the umpteenth time, nodded silently.

"Good, here is the key of the pick up truck you're going to be using, please return by 10 o' clock." The chef lastly said, handing her assistant the key for the vehicle, "Park the truck in front of the mansion since it isn't allowed to go directly at the back."

Hoseok smiled as the head chef handed him the list and the car keys, skipping out the kitchen as he waved goodbye to his sister and the other maids.

This is going to be a good day.

The farmer thought to himself.

-

a / n :

the first two chapters was just the little introduction of our main characters. next chapter is the official start.

thank you for reading.