8: Action Begins

8: "Bring it back at all costs"

    Put the prepared letter on the desk.

    Ruri chose a rather fashionable outfit, slung a beautiful leather bag full of gems across her shoulders, and finally took the specially-made mobile phone in her hand and patted her cheek.

    All right!

    Everything is ready, only to abduct the little tiger!

    As the most important part of the plan, Atsushi Nakajima was his most important helper. Thinking that he might have to face Atsushi Nakajima, who was controlled by his mind, Ruri was so nervous that he couldn't breathe.

    But his blue eyes were still very firm, and he finally looked around the office that he had been very familiar with for the next three years before he pushed open the room and took Atsushi Nakajima to the room where he could see the scenery outside the window.

    His outfit today was very unusual. When Atsushi Nakajima saw him, surprise appeared in his eyes, but he never asked aloud. He walked behind Ruri respectfully as usual, alert to the dangers around him.

    This unremarkable and loyal appearance seems to be the reason why Dazai Osamu trusts the other party.

    In the past few days, Ruri had been deprived of all her hobbies and could only come to this room every day to look at the scenery outside.

    And Atsushi Nakajima, like a secret guard, has been firmly behind him.

    Occasionally, Ruri would be very interested in talking to him, but basically, after Ruri said a few words, he would only agree a little, and the words were pitiful.

    I don't know if it was because of Dazai Osamu's order, or if the other party didn't want to pay attention to him in the first place.

    But Ruri became more and more frustrated, and she was trying to talk to him today, but the topic surrounding it was a little weird.

    "Atsushi, have you ever thought about what life would have been like if you hadn't been picked up by Dazai?"

    Ruri stood facing the window, but looked at Atsushi Nakajima's expression through the refracting glass.

    "Perhaps, you will take a completely different path, not join the mafia, and live your life warmly and plainly."

    "Thinking about it this way, do you regret taking this path... The god of death known as white, who spends every day killing."

    Unexpectedly, Atsushi Nakajima answered him very coldly every time. , At this moment, his tone suddenly rose: "No such thing!"

    He showed a bit of resistance, his chest heaving violently, whether he was seeking peace of mind, or refuting Ruri's words from the bottom of his heart.

    "I am very grateful to Mr. Dazai... Let me stay here, I have a place to live, I am very satisfied!"

    Ruri was not intimidated by his momentum, and still said calmly: "Satisfaction and happiness are not the same, right? Can you say the words 'I am very happy here' out loud?"

    "!" Atsushi Nakajima's face turned ashen for a moment, his eyebrows furrowed, full of pain.

    But no matter how much he wanted to open his mouth, he couldn't say it.

    In the end, he just whispered: "...people like me are not qualified to be happy."

    "I won't comment on your life casually, but the pursuit of happiness is the innate instinct of all people." Ruri said, "Think about it, if you see someone trying to pursue happiness, would you stop it?"