Chapter 77: Coral's Memories

A few days later

Coral was reading a book when once again Casey disrupted her.

"Come on Coral! I'm bored!"

"Okay? Why is that my problem"

"Because, you bring me entertainment when the kids aren't doing anything to give me entertainment!"

"No. Now please let me read-!" Coral gasped as Nightshade accidentally spilled soda all over her.

"Oops, I'm so-!"

"Sorry. SORRY?! Is that all you have to say?! That's it. I am done with you... you...you imbeciles!"

"Coral, it's just some pop! I can-!"

"No, you don't have to do anything! I am done. I should've left the moment... the moment when LEONARDO PROPOSED TO NOVO!" Coral froze as she heard everyone gasp.

"Oh.. that's f**ked up.."

"Leo?"

"Dad?"

"Leonardo... Leah, I didn't realize you were standing.... I should go"

".. probably the best idea you've had all day."

Coral grabbed her items and left the gardens, through the roof.

"Leo? You okay?"

"I'm fine, how about you guys sit down?"

"Okay?"

Leo sat down and inhaled deeply, "Look... It's no surprise that me and Coral never got along"

"Nope, wasn't it because of Novo choosing to be with you and not be a princess?"

"Yes, but the day it started was the same day me and Novo fell in love and that is a story"

"Oh?"

"You already told us this story"

"Well, I told the abridged version, not the full story"

"Leo, what are you talking about?"

"When I first met her, that's when I fell in love but not when she did"

"So, when did she fall in love with you?"

"Well... Remember the night when the chimera attacked? I was sitting outside"

Flashback

Leo was sitting at the porch, staring at the forest when he heard the door open.

"Am I bothering you?"

Leo chuckled as he heard the familiar French accent, "Not at all, Novo"

"What are you doing out here? It's getting late"

"Just needed some fresh air" Leo rubbed his leg as Novo bent down in front of him and began rubbing his leg. "Now, it's my turn to ask, what are you doing?"

"I'm healing it, remember I'm not human or did you forget my fearless leader?" Novo teased as Leo turned bright red.

".. you don't have to heal it"

"Yes I do, a leader has to be strong, powerful" Novo looked up at him, she began to think, "You're eyes"

"What about them?"

"They're beautiful"

".. so are yours"

Novo blushed as she stood up, she placed her hand out, "Dance with me"