Chapter 19: An Old friend

As they started the breathing exercise, Karai was helping a 'friend' pull off a great surprise

"Thanks for helping me, Karai! I really wanted to surprise them"

"You're welcome! I'm sure they're gonna be happy, so how exactly are you gonna surprise them?"

"Well, Akemi always video calls me goodnight at dinner time, so what you're gonna do is tell them you have a surprise and you bring me inside in a box"

"Ooh, I like where this is going, can I record it?"

"Of course, this will be amazing!"

"I k-!"

Raziel smiled as he heard his phone ring.

"There she is"

"Hurry up and answer it, dork!"

"Shut up!" He answered the phone "Hello my little witch in training!"

"Hi daddy! How are you?"

"Hi baby, I'm doing good! How are you?"

"I'm good! Look what mama's cooking!" She grinned and flipped the camera to show Shinigami trying to cook one of their favorite foods.

"Haha, Looks like Mama is having trouble"

"No, I'm not Raz! Plus Akemi's helping me!"

"Yeah, cooking's fun!"

Raziel smiled "Can you pass the phone to mama?"

"Okay! Mama! Daddy wants to talk to you!" She grinned and gave the phone to Shini and ran away.

"Hi honey"

"Hey babe, I miss you"

"I miss you too.. when are you coming back?"

"Soon baby, soon! We'll be back in each other's arms"

"And maybe.. when you do come back.. we could talk about Akemi having a younger brother or sister?"

Raziel smirked,"You missed me that bad?"

She blushed madly and finished cooking, "S-Shut up."

"You know you love me"

"Yeah, I do"

"And these two are sickeningly adorable," Karai thought to herself and shook her head.

"Anyways baby, I gotta go"

"Aww.. already?"

"Yeah... We're departing soon"

".. okay, hold on, Akemi!" She shouted and walked out the view of the camera.

"Hey baby girl, daddy has to leave!"

"Aww, already? But I just called you!"

"I know, but we're leaving! I have to go save people"

"Okay.. good night daddy! I love you!"

"I love you too! I love both of you so much"

"We love you too, see you later honey"

"See you" He hung up and it broke his heart every time.

"Cmon Raz, let's go surprise your wife and kid."

Raziel smiled and nodded.

A few minutes later

Solaris knocked on the door with Light right next to him.

"Hmm? Who is it?" she said to herself, she ended up changing into one of Raziel's hoodies, pajama pants and opened the door.

"Shinigami," Solaris said. "Hi Aunt Shini!' Light smiled.

"Solaris, Light, what a nice surprise" she said and opened the door wider, letting them in. "Akemi's upstairs Light."

"Thanks!" Light ran upstairs as Solaris walked inside "Karai will be coming shortly"

"Oh, okay" she said, grabbing the remote preceding to look for anything interesting.

"I see you still keep Raziel's boots in the same spot" He gestured to the shoes right next to the door.

"And?" she shrugged and stopped on a random movie channel.

"You seem to be taking it well, I know for the first few months it was hard"

"Don't remind me"

Solaris saw Karai and smiled, "Hello Love"

"Hi honey, hey Shini" she smiled and walked inside.

"Hey Karai, what took you so long? I know my house isn't that far away from you."

"Well, I went and picked up.. A little present for you and Akemi."

"It better not be someone popping out of a cake" Solaris said.

"I mean, it's not a bad thing!" Karai snickered.

"Then what is it?"

"Get Akemi and come open it yourselves!" Karai said and walked over to her car where the wrapped up box is.

Light and Akemi walked downstairs.

"Aunt Shini, we were about to throw darts at the neighbors!" Light complained.

"Yeah mom! What is it?" Akemi complained.

"Aunt Karai brought us a present, you wanna open it or not?" Shini asked.

"Yeah!" Akemi grinned and ran down the stairs.

"Akemi, slow down!!" Shini shouted and ran after her.

"Finne" she agreed and slowed down.

They saw the giant box right in front of the driveway.

"Karai, what did you get?"

"Well, open it and find out!"

Akemi poked at the box then looked at her mother for approval. Shini nodded and both of them started to unwrap the giant box.

Then the box opened and Raziel came out, holding a teddy bear and roses.

He smiled, "Surprise"

Both Akemi and Shinigami gasped in shock. Since he said he wouldn't

be back until later.

"Daddy!!" Akemi shouted with glee and jumped into his arms.

Raziel smiled and hugged her, crying. Shini froze in shock and also started to cry.

Raziel grabbed her and kissed her. She kissed back and pulled away to breathe.

"I-I thought y.." she could barely finish her sentence as the tears kept coming.

"Shh, I know" He kissed her forehead "I'm not leaving, not again"

She cuddled into his chest and wrapped her arms around him.

Solaris smiled while Light was overjoyed to see her uncle. Karai finished recording and sent it to her brothers.. Even she started to cry a little at how adorable they are. Even the great foot clan master can get teary eyed over something like this.