Family Au pt4

A/n just gonna start calling it family Au sense the other names were really long

You skip down the stairs vibrating with excitement. Today was special. You were going to get to see where Mama and Aunt Jinx grew up. Mom was a bit nervous about it cause she said it could be dangerous especially for little kids who didn't know their way around, but Mama was adamant that I would be fine cause she would protect us plus Aunt Jinx is supposed to be really important.

   Both your moms walked into the foyer Vi walking towards you scooping you up in her arms with a bright smile, "You ready kiddo?"  she asked.
   "Yeah!" You said, nodding vigorously, "Aunt Jinx said we could launch one of her rockets."

   Behind Vi Caitlyn frowned, "We might have to save that for another time sweet pea." she said while patting your shoulder making you frown and looking at the floor. Though you didn't see it, Caitlyn gave Vi a look as if to ask if you knew of this who shrugged her shoulders faking confusion.
    "Well why don't we get going. I for one am starving and Cupcake said we could go to Jericho's cause it's your first time in the Lanes." She explained with a smile though your mom looked less than pleased.

   Vi set you down and the three of you walked out the door and headed to the Lanes where you would meet Aunt Jinx. After a short walk and elevator ride you were there and you saw Aunt Jinx practically jumping off the elevator running up to her who greeted you with the same enthusiasm if not more.

   "Auntie Jinx!" you yelled.

   Her head whipped towards you, "Y/n!" She swept you up in her arms covering your face in kisses her black lipstick staining your face. You giggled at her actions. She set you down and Mom knelt down to get the lipstick off your face while Vi greeted Jinx with a soft, "Hey Pow." And a hug, Mama gives the best hugs. Auntie Jinx and Mom simply nodded, they were trying to get better at being nice to each other ther for Mama and you.

   Jinx looked down at you and took your hand, "Come on kid we're going to go get some food." You smiled as you all started walking down the dirty road, your eyes darting all over the place trying to see everything. When the streets got more crowded and your mom realized you were struggling to see over the people she picked you up and set you on top her shoulders.

   After about fifteen minutes of walking the four of you stopped in front of a large open food stall with an extremely tall fish like man with razor sharp teeth, an eye patch and a wooden slate strapped to his arm with several large knives chopped into it.
   Slipping behind Jinx to block his view of you before she dashed up and hopped onto one of the bar stools followed closely behind by Vi who sat next to her sister. The large fish-man greeted them both with a smile and hearty chuckle. Your mama said something to him and pointed at you from where you were now clutching Caitlyn's leg. She looked down at you and smiled, taking your hand walking you over to the counter and helping you up onto the stool. Shyly looking down at the counter when Vi gently shook your shoulder and pointed for you to look at him.

   When you made eye contact with him he pointed at himself and said, "I'm Jericho, nice to meet you."

   You give him a meek, "Nice to meet you too, I'm Y/n." He nodded happily and turned back to Vi and Jinx who ordered Vi order for you then Caitlyn. As you waited you switched seats with Vi so your moms could talk and Jericho gave Jinx and you some paper and crowns to scribble with. Another fifteen minutes later he set the food out for you all. Vi, and you got a bowl of blue-ish grub looking things with an orange sauce. Jinx got a bowl of purple-pink looking fish creatures and Caitlyn got a bowl of noodles with some kind of cut up pink fish and the same sauce as Vi and your's.

   Aunt Jinx raised them above her head and dropped them in her mouth wiggling in her seat happily. Your mom twirled the noodles on a fork and placed them in her mouth with a slight smile. "Alright kid, " your mama says, turning to you, "ready to eat the best thing you'll ever have?"
   Nodding you follow her example on how to eat it, grabbing one of the grubs that is covered in sauce and shoving it into her mouth leaning back and letting out a pleased noise before eating three more. When you drop the first one in your mouth you feel the odd texture of the grub that tastsed similar to chicken and the spice of the sauce that had a tinge of citrus.

   You smile and nod, sticking another in your mouth, Vi seems happy patting your head with her non-dirty hand and whipped away some food that got on your face with her thumb. Turning to Mom with a smirk, "See Cupcake they like it." She just rolls her eyes and turns away with a hidden smile.

   "Yeah!" Your aunt Jinx pipes up from your other side, "Best food in the whole Undercity probably country." Finger gunning Jericho before dropping another fish in her mouth already half way through her bowl. You continue with idle conversation and eat your food. You kick your feet watching your new family talk and smile at one and other, having finished eating you continue drawing. When you feel someone place a gentle hand on your shoulder you look up to see your mom.
   "Are you ready to go sweaty?" She asks

  "Yep." You say your eyes nervously darting from Jericho to your drawing before handing it to him with shaky hands. He takes it, examining it for a moment, Caitlyn, Vi, Jinx and you sitting at the food stall with a smiling Jericho behind you holding one of his oversized knives. He smiled and reached forward to pat you on the head making it bob a little and grabbed a smaller knife and stabbed the paper pinning it to the wall next to the shelf of bottles.

   The three adults behind you smile and nod to Jericho as you jump down from the evivated chair, "Thanks Jericho we'll come again soon!" Jinx yells as she skips off the rest of you in tow. You wave bye to Jericho before turning around to walk away.
________________________________
Next part should be out Friday

Word count 1,143