Jayce x cartoonist/artist reader

Jayce's POV     I walked into the building studio and was quickly met by an employee who was supposed to show me around

Jayce's POV
    I walked into the building studio and was quickly met by an employee who was supposed to show me around. I had come here today to meet the people who would be animating the commercial for the Hexgates that would be opening soon. Viktor was supposed to come with me, but he claimed he had work he needed to get done, so I was alone today.
   But it was okay. I would make him come the next time we had to go. We stopped at a set of doors, "The teams in here you can go in when you're ready the team leader will introduce everyone and work out all the kincs. Okay?" They explained.

   I gave them a toothy smile, "Yeah okay, thank you." They nodded and walked off. I stood in front of the door for a minute wondering what the people would be like. Wll no better way to find out then to meet them I thought and pushed open the doors smiling ready to meet them.

   When I stepped through letting the door swing shut behind me six people perked up to look at me. One of them stood up and I was immediately drawn to them. They had h/l h/c and beautiful e/c eyes. "Hi, you must be Jayce Talis. I'm Y/n L/n the team leader," They said taking my hand and shaking it, "Thats Alex, Jamie and Vik,"They said pointing to a cluster of people in the corner limbs spread across each other comfortably Alex gave a short wave and nod before returning back to his sketchbook, Jamie smiled softly and Vik offered a quiet Hey.
   "And those two are Bret and Chet." They pointed to two muscular guys surrounded by papers and protein shakes.

    "Hey man can't wait to work with you." Bret said Chet nodded in agreement.

    I clapped my hands together, "Well I can't wait to work with you all either so do you wanna get started?"

   "Of course." Y/n said, "We can sit at the round table." They said, everyone moved from where they were sitting to the table. Once we all got settled we went over what everyone did and talked about what I wanted the video to look like and how long that would take making sure to mention the things Viktor suggested.

   The whole time I kept glancing at Y/n completely enamored by their looks and personality.

   Over the next couple of months I stopped by to coordinate and just to see how they were doing. Surprisingly once Vikotr got to know them he enjoyed talking to Jamie and Bret about the mechanical art of it all. I spent most of my time talking to Y/n. They were the leader and also did a lot of the animating. Once and a while they would have me pose or do a certain motion and I had to hold back a shiver when their hands touched me to move me into the pose they needed.

   Once VIktor caught one to my glances and how much I enjoyed talking to them he started teasing me about it. Once when I took the team out to dinner and they left to go to the bathroom Viktor  totld the group about my affections for them and they all said I should go for it Vik commenting, "You might be pleasantly surprised."

   I waited till the project was over and we watched the final project. When it was over we said our goodbyes till we would see each other at the banquet where we would show the video first. The whole team glared at the back of our heads as we prolonged the goodbye. Knowing this was probably the best opportunity I would get I cleared my throat and gathered my courage, "Hey could we talk in the hall I want to ask you something?"

   "Yeah sure, it's nothing bad is it?" They asked

   "Oh no, nothing like that."  I said waving my hands.

   We went outside and they looked at me expectantly. I cleared my throat again, not used to the nervous feeling in my chest, "I wanted to know if you wanted to be my date to the Hexgate banquet?"

    For a moment they just looked at me and I was worried I somehow offended them then
they broke out into a smile. "I'd love to Jayce." They said, placing a hand on my chest they kissed my check and walked back into the room, my face still burning. A moment later Viktor appeared next to me.

   "You asked them out right?" He questioned leaning on his cane. I didn't say anything, just smiled and started walking. He chuckled next to me.

   "Finally."

________________________________
I'm  so sorry it's late again  please find it in your hearts to forgive me 🙏
Word count:811