Forty Two

Hawks Pov
"Do you have a death wish or something kid?" I asked her as she's carrying some of the heavy bags inside. She laughed as she continued on in the house. I got the remaining grocery bags out the car and brought them inside. She stands on a footstool as she tied her hair out her face and went stocking the cabinets. "Please let me do that before you hurt yourself.... Again". I told her. "I've been in recovery for the past month I'm tired of having everyone do everything for me and besides your here to catch me when I fall right".

I scoff  saying " I think I'm falling". "Huh" she said confused. I didn't realize i said it out loud. " I said your always falling". Laughing awkwardly to throw it off. Without blinking she stared at me before turning around saying "stop acting weird and bring those bags here. I used my feathers to lift them up to her. "You could've done this from the start!" She yelled at me. I just laughed and went into the living room. I sat down and thought "what the fuck am I doing?"

TORU POV

"What's his deal"? I thought to myself as I continued. I started to feel a bit dizzy from standing for so long so I tried to slowly walk down but the footstool moved a bit causing me to loose balance slipping off it falling. "CAREFUL T" hawks yelled as he caught me before I hit the ground. "Are you trying to end up in the hospital again?"he yelled at em as he rested me down. I was still startled from the quick slip so all I could've said was "sorry". Then walked away to the bathroom.

I felt useless and embarrassed. I sat on the shower floor sobbing softly to myself thinking "will my life ever be the same. Can i go back to being my old self?" My thinking got interrupted when I heard knocking on the bathroom door. I wipes away my tears which made no sense because i was in the shower and said "I'll be out in a second". I quickly got out wrapped myself in my robe and opened the door.

"Are you okay" he asked standing besides the door with his arms crossed. "Yeah... I uh I'm great". I said continuing walking until he stepped in front of me asking "were you crying?" I laughed saying " no. Please why would i be crying it was just a minor slip". "Your eyes says differently" he said stepping aside allowing me to walk pass. As I got in my room I quickly looked in the mirror. "Huh? My eyes aren't even puffy. How could've he known? I didn't make a sound".

After I got dressed i sat on my bed starring into the darkness that filled the room. It felt weird being alone again. I don't like this feeling. Lost in thoughts hours passed and it was an hour past midnight. Hawks knocked on the door saying " Thanks for not kicking me out last night.  So I'll just see my way out". He turned walking away and I yelled "No wait". He stopped looking back into the room as he turns the light on. "Uh I was thinking of maybe you  stay the night again? I mean cause I need protection right. You said it yourself".

He looked me with and expression that says 'really now?"  "Okay okay I don't want to be alone" He smile slightly saying "I'll make up my bed in the guest ro-"  "I was thinking maybe you can sleep in here with me". This was such a bold request of me for him and I was expecting to hear a No when he suddenly said "sure". As he flicks the light off and climbed into the bed laying next to me.

I laid down staring at the ceiling thinking " why am I feeling so nervous? This isn't my first time laying next to him." I turned to face him sleeping so I quickly turned back. I slowly turned back and noticing him looking back at me. "Sorry i just was.." "watching me sleep?" He said cutting me off. "No no i was just-" "Its fine. I get why you'd stare. I mean i look this good". I rolled my eyes turn away from him saying "puhlease don't flatter yourself". Suddenly I felt his warm hand wrapped around my waist turning me to face him saying "why shouldn't I? You don't think I'm attractive?"

What kind of question is that. My mind was mush from being so close again I couldn't make out what words to say. I kept trying to avoid eye contact and stutter a bit. "Hmm cute". He said as leans in and kisses me. My eyes widened in shock as I pulled away. "Oh sorry I don't really know why i did that..." he started talking I wasn't listening. I kissed him back pulling him in closer. "We shouldn't be doing this".He said. I whispered"Shut up and kiss me more".