Thirty Two (Reconnection)

"Today was something else." Aiki said over the phone. "I was so rough dealing with new trainees when they all believed that they're stronger the trainers." I laughed at him. "Seems like you have it tougher than me". I laughed again. "Oh it's been like a week since you officially started as a hero right? How had it been?" I turned over adjusting the camera to see me well as I got out of bed fixing random things saying "so far so good ig. I mean the partner choice is questionable but It's not horrible." He laugh's saying "Its only 'questionable' because he's your ex." "Aiki!" I yelled. "Oh c'mon it's not even that serious. Your not together so it should be easy to work around him."  "It's easier for you to say that cause your on the other side of the world".

"Don't worry I'll be back for the holidays." "Yeah which is months away." I said annoyed. " Aw don't give me that. Besides I'm sending a gift for you soon." I looked at him confused saying " A gift? What for?"  "It's for no certain reason. Just a friendly gift". He laughed. "Nothing sounds friendly about that should I be happy or scared?" I laughed saying.
"Well you just be expecting it soon. I got to go now but we'll catch up tomorrow" I blow a dramatic kiss to him and he dramatically catches it. I laughed saying "goodnight you weirdo". And ended the call.

After Aiki departure it was easier to tell him about me and sho than when he was here for some reason. But now he's up to speed with everything that's happened. He also keeps throwing weird hints at me like I'm not over Sho, which is completely false. I don't think of him. I don't feel anything around him. And now that we're working together there's a huge line between us and work. Because there is no us. *Ding Dong* "oh who's here?" I said as a walked to the door opening it to see Sho, Az, and Mina?  I immediately closed the door back in there faces.
"Omg" i said to myself before I opened the door back again awkwardly saying "hi!"  Mina then said "oh its you from the other day. Toru right?"  I smiled saying "yes right". Whiles flashing a stink face at sho and smiling back with her.

"Um so what are you doing here?" Sho then replied saying "She insisted on seeing my partner". "Oh really?" I asked sarcastically. "Since your already here come in ig". As they entered Mina said "wow this place is so nice. Do you live alone?"  I answered saying "yeah I do. I was living with someone but he was a bitch so I left him." She laughed saying "well fuck him. Its his lost. You would've made a good wife someday". I smiled saying "hopefully I find someone who doesn't hide secrets from me."

I looked at him through the corner of my eyes and I could've tell he was pissed and irritated. So I walked over to the kitchen acting surprised saying "wait omg. Is he the guy you didn't wanted to commit too"? They both looked at he other than she said "yeah but you know things change". "Ahh okay I got you. Who would've known this is him who isn't the you know what of you know who? Small world right?" I said smiling. She had the most devious look on her face whiles he stood there clueless. I then said "I forgot I'm supposed to offer my guest drinks. It feels like you've been here before". Whiles walking to the kitchen to grab me a cup of water. As i was about to walk back to them, Mina rushed me against the wall covering my mouth saying "listen you little bitch! I don't know what your doing or what you and him had going on but you betters not let him find out anything I said." I aggressively pulled her hands down saying "Or what? You gonna grab the knife on the side of me and stab me?

She looks me  up and down in shock and confusing. "Yes I know your thoughts. I know your movements." She stands back away from me and I walked closer back to her saying "I could make you slit your own throat right now. Whiles I walked passed tapping her shoulder saying "lets not go there". As we went back to Sho and the kid he asked "what we're you too doing in there?". I pulled her hand close locking fingers saying "Oh nothing just small tal-" She cuts me off by yanking her and and yelling to Sho saying "She threatened to kill me. I scoff whiles taking a seat. "wait what?" he said. She started to rambled on with lies that didn't even happened. So i went onto my phone scrolling and somehow found a voice message. "whats this?" I sat and played it quietly to myself whiles they both argue with me. "OOOhhh" I said in excitement. "Toru! what the actual f*ck were you thinking?" he yelled at me scaring the living daylights out of the child. So I connected my phone to the home speakers and started to play the voice note.

*Voicenote plays*

"where's the dad?" .

"I dumped him right after I gave birth."

"but why"?

"he wanted to be one big family but I wasn't ready for that commitment"

"I was already unsure about how to tell him that it's not his kid and he came with that talk. I had to let him go"

When she heard it her mouth widens as she slaps her palms over her face. "stop it. please take it off". she said as she was about to rush me again but he stopped her. His head hanging down with his hair covering his face. "Mina. Is this true?" he asked calmly. "No, no baby c'mon cant you see what she's doing here? He lifts his head up sweeping his hair from his face with a tear draining down saying "she tried to tell me. But I was too fucking ignorant to understand." She then tries holding his hand but he flicks her off saying "all this time. All these years." "Noo baby don't believe her ." You fucking liar!" I watched his eyes glowed red from his anger from her. I thought maybe I went overboard. He went to punch her so I pushed her out of his way and got a straight one to the stomach making me spit blood dropping to my knees. She then ran aside grabbing the kid and running away outside. "That bitch" i said holding my stomach.

Seeing that his rage hurt me he finally snapped out of it. "Im soo sorry." he said as he picked me up from the floor. Moaning from pain as he sat me down I said "It's okay. I deserved it for being such a prick tonight. he then hold my hands saying "No I'm sorry. I was a shitty person to you and said things that I didn't mean. I lost the best thing that ever happened to me . Loosing you made me realized that she wasn't my first love. But you are and I'm sorry for the way thi-". I shut him up by pulling him into me kissing him.

"Shut up and kiss me".