italy (eo)

This is inspired by the fact that Lizzie and Robbie were in Italy promoting their new book, so I hope you all enjoy!

Riley is 4

~~~

Lizzie and Robbie were collecting their bags from security, having just landed in Italy with there daughter for a holiday, as Lizzie had a break from filming, and Robbie wasn't needed in the studio for a few weeks.

"Is she finally asleep?" Robbie whispers quietly to his wife, who was carrying the once grumpy Riley, who refused to sleep on the plane.

"Out like a light." Lizzie chuckles, pecking the top of Riley's blonde head.

"God knows why she wouldn't just fall asleep on the plane." Robbie sighs, grabbing his and his wife's luggage.

"Because she'd much rather spend nearly an entire 12 hours crying and eating." Lizzie replies with a fond chuckle.

"Let's get to the car before any more paps show up." Robbie suggests, having spotted a few people taking pictures from a distance.

Lizzie quickly grabs one of Riley's blankets and uses it to lay across her sleeping head, so the paparazzi couldn't see her face. Lizzie and Robbie had both agreed to keep her life as private as possible from the public.

The family quickly make their way outside the airport, ignoring the few people shouting at them, and get into the rental car.

Once Robbie had driven away, Lizzie carefully takes the blanket off her still thankfully sleeping daughter.

"You best wake her up, otherwise she's not going to sleep tonight." Robbie tells her, pointedly.

Lizzie sighs reluctantly, not wanting to deal with a stroppy four year old right now.

"Ri-Ri..." Lizzie gently starts to brush her hand down Riley's cheek. "It's time to wake up, baby."

Riley starts to whine and stir, letting out a cry. Clearly not fond of the idea of being woken up.

"Sh, sh, sh. Your okay, sweetheart. You just need to wake up otherwise you won't wanna sleep tonight." Lizzie coos, finally coaxing her daughter awake.

As expected, Riley let's out a frustrated sob, before starting to cry in earnest and whine for her Mom to pick her up.

"If I give you a cuddle then you will go back to sleep, Ri." Lizzie reasons gently, trying to console her daughter from the front seat as best she could.

The rest of the car trip was pretty hectic, with both Lizzie and Robbie trying and failing to calm their very overtired daughter, until they finally pull up to the hotel.

Robbie goes and gets Riley, while Lizzie takes the bags and goes to check them in.

Once the family we're checked in, they quickly make there way up to their hotel room, which was two bedrooms, even though Lizzie and Robbie both knew that Riley would end up sleeping in their bed anyways.

Riley's sobs had quietened into whimpers by the time they were in the hotel room, but she still wanted to go back to sleep.

"Sleep, Mama..." Riley mumbles, rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"Just three hours, and then you can sleep baby." Lizzie promises her daughter, taking her from her husbands arms.

Riley groans, pointing tiredly to the TV in the living room.

"Nemo." She demands firmly, making Lizzie chuckle.

"I'm sure Dada can set that up for you." She chuckles, throwing Robbie the remote control.