run away (wm)

Thank you so much for this request Aurelie_Bernard! I hope you and everyone else really enjoys this chapter. Also if you recognise the plot it's because the request was based of a scene from a movie called 'Inside Out' where the character Riley has lots of different viable emotions in her head. It's honestly one of my fav Pixar films and I would deffo recommend. Anyways, enjoy!

Riley is 11
Billy and Tommy are 11

~~~

"I've told you Mama! I want to move back to New York!" I yell at my Mom, who as usual was not listening to me.

"We've only just moved, Riley. Give it some time to grow on you, you will probably make loads of new friends in your new school." Mama tells me as she dishes our dinner out.

"Yeah, LA is WAY better than New York, there's so much more to do, and there's a hockey club right around the corner!" Tommy grins as he starts messily eating his lasagne.

"Shut up, Tommy." I scowl at my brother, stabbing my fork into my broccoli harshly.

"Riley..." Dad warns, clearly tired of my constant vocal hate for where we live.

I ignore him, continuing to eat my food with an clear look of annoyance on my face.

"It's not that bad, Ri..." Billy whispers to me.

"Oh my god!" I throw my knife and fork down onto the table. "We are so far away from Auntie Nat, and Uncle Steve! But none of you fucking care!"

"Watch your language, Riley Maximoff!" Mom snaps at me.

"Don't you like having us around more? And here you guys can go to a much better school." Dad tries to reason.

"Yes, but our family is back in New York!" I point out.

"It's not like we never see them, Ri. You can always see them on the weekends, and we will go up and visit." Mom tells me, as if moving here wasn't the worst idea in the world.

"It's not the same!" I yell, standing up and storming out of the dining room, despite Mom and Dad's yells for me to come back.

I slam my bedroom door behind me and collapse onto my bed, throwing my stuffy across the room in anger.

Why won't they listen to me! I don't want to live here! I've been telling them for days!

No one bothers me for the rest of the night, so I come up with a plan to see Auntie Nat and all of my Uncles.

I know where Mom kept her purse, so I'm gonna go down and steal her credit card, then use it to book a bus all the way back to New York, as I'm too young to fly by myself.

I waited until I knew that everyone was in bed, before sneaking downstairs and into the kitchen.

Mom's purse was as usual sitting on top of the microwave, so I grab her black credit card, courtesy of Uncle Tony, and creep back up to my room.

I go on the internet and find a bus leaving to New York in one hour. I book myself a ticket, and immediately start packing a few clothes and essentials into my bag, along with all the spare cash that I had stolen from Mama.

I slight bit of guilt washes over me, but I brush it off, throwing on a black hoodie. I hated it here. I will be much happier in New York.

I wait until it's time to go, and creep back downstairs, putting Mom's card back in her purse.

By the time they notice I'm gone, I will already be well on my way to the compound.

Before leaving the house, I switch my phone off so they can't track me or guilt trip me into coming back.