a hard days night 2

Maddie and Meredith were talking about Derek, or Dr Shepherd, a neurosurgeon, as he was now known to the girls, when they both received another 911 page for Katie Bryce

"God dammit Katie." Meredith rolled her eyes, slowly making her way to the girls room.

"Meredith!" Maddie scolded. "Every page at a run!" She quoted Bailey again before running off.

"You're just wasting your energy." Meredith chuckled at her younger sister.

"Oh balls!" Maddie shouted as she entered Katie's hospital room to see her seizing, surrounded by nurses.

"Have you paged Dr Shepherd and Dr Bailey?" She asked.

"Yes, how do you want to proceed Dr Grey?" One of the nurses, Tyler, asked.

Maddie immediately sprung into action, soon Meredith entered the room. She looked on in shock, frozen to the wall watching as her baby sister took charge.

Katie's heart had stopped.

"Code Blue!" One of the nurses called.

Maddie grabbed the paddles from the defibrillator. "Charge to 200.... Clear!"

"Come on Katie." She mumbled after nothing happened. "300, go.... Clear!"

"I see sinus rhythm!" A nurse exclaimed.

"Oh thank god!" Maddie let out a shaky breath she didn't realise she'd been holding.

"Good job Dr Grey!" Tyler smiled at the intern.

"What the hell happened?" Dr Shepherd growled, now entering the room.

"She had a seizure." Meredith finally spoke up. "Her heart stopped-"

"You both were supposed to be monitoring her!" He accused, his eyes dancing between the sisters, noting how shaken they both looked.

"I got it, just go." He mumbled before any of them could say anything.

♡ ✶ ☽ ✵ ♡ ✶ ☽ ✵ ♡

"Mads are you okay?" Meredith asked.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking you that?" She chuckled, after the Katie Bryce incident and being scolded by their resident, Meredith ran outside to throw up.

"Have you taken your medication?"

"Meredith, shut up!" Maddie hissed. She was embarrassed about being on medication, despite being a doctor and knowing the benefits, it made her feel week.

"Maddie you looked like you were about to have a- "

"Drop it." The youngest retorted.