𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

✯

The dream is this: that we'll finally be happy when we reach our goals, find the guy, finish our internship. That's the dream; then we get there and if we're human, we immediately start dreaming of something else.

"I.. I need to talk to you Maddie." Addison quietly spoke as she traced circles on the younger woman's arm, while they lay in bed together.

"Uh oh, that's never good." Maddie laughed, however seeing the nervous look on Addison's face made her anxious. "What's up?"

"I'm leaving tomorrow, to visit my friends in LA, I.. it's just a couple days, but Naomi.. she's mentioned a job..."

"And if you like it there, you're gonna take it." Maddie realised, a small pout forming on her face.

"I came here to get Derek back." Addison laughed sadly. "And I found you and it was a blessing, it's been.. incredible Maddie but-"

"But.. it was just casual fun, we aren't anything serious." Maddie nodded.

"You make me feel ways I've never felt, you give me butterflies that I thought only teenagers got... I want you, I do but right now things are just complicated with Mark being here and.."

"I get it." Maddie smiled gently. "Really I do but I uh.. I should go." She got out of the bed and began to get dressed, picking up her belongings off the floor.

"Maddie it's 2am you can't leave.."

"It's all good." Maddie chuckled and sat next to Addison on the bed after she put her jacket on.

"Have a good time, they're obviously gonna want you, you're a kick ass surgeon." She smiled cheekily.

"Come with me." Addison said, a serious look on her face. "If I take the job, come with me."

"Ad.. I can't. My internship is here, my family is here."

Addison nodded, looking down. She knew it was a long shot.

"Hey." Maddie whispered, tilting her head up and pulling her into a long kiss. "It'll be okay. LA isn't that far."

Addison rolled her eyes at the youngest Grey, LA was indeed that far.

"I'll see you when you're back, to help you pack." Maddie giggled at the rhyme.

Addison laughed, shaking her head, fondly watching as she left the hotel room.