𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐢𝐭

✯

To make it... really make it as a surgeon, it takes major commitment. We have to be willing to pick up that scalpel that may or may not do more damage than good. It's all about being committed. Cause if we're not, we have no business picking up that scalpel in the first place.

Today was Izzie Steven's first day back at the hospital as in intern. Maddie would be lying if she said she was sad to have not seen her yet.

"Burke's back and suddenly Christina's running his board. Who does she think she is, Bailey?" George asked.

Him, Maddie, Meredith and Alex were stood on a balcony watching Cristina tell a nurse what to write on the OR board.

"She's helping him." Meredith said.

"She's taking advantage. She gets out of rounds, she scrubs in on every surgery Burke does, she's ordered around 3rd year residents..."

"You're overreacting." Meredith said.

"I don't know, it's kinda sus." Maddie replied thoughtfully.

"She's writing on the board!" George exclaimed and sure enough, Cristina had snatched the pen from the nurse and started writing on the board.

"Maybe I should sleep with Burke." Alex grumbled causing Maddie to giggle. George left to go find Izzie and Meredith went to talk to Cristina.

"First day of counselling, how you feeling?" Alex nudged Maddie gently.

"Mandatory counselling." Maddie rolled her eyes.

"Just be honest with the shrink Mads, he's there to help." Alex rubbed her arm.

"Mandatory counselling?" A voice, Maddie strongly disliked recently, said from behind the pair. "I have mandatory counselling too."

"Izzie, go away... please." Alex said, knowing she was the last person Maddie wanted to see.

"What? No welcome back party." She lamely joked.

Maddie snapped.

"Your jokes are shit, you're not welcome back so sorry, no party. And yes, I have mandatory counselling because you got me shot!"

"Well I have mandatory counselling because you paged Bailey and ratted me out!" Izzie retorted. Maddie, usually calm, saw red and was ready to swing for the blonde.