shake your groove thing

"Hey Sista, Go Sista, lemme hear ya'll flow, sistas

"Hey Sista, Go Sista, lemme hear ya'll flow, sistas." Maddie quietly sang, smiling like a Cheshire Cat as she watched Meredith scrub in on a heart surgery.

Her fellow interns laughed at her fondly.

"I wish I could hold a heart." George complained.

"A monkey could hold a heart." Cristina scoffed.

"You're just mad Burke didn't ask you." Maddie and George said together.

Izzie arrived in the gallery and started talking about supplies for her party that she was throwing that night.

"You know, Meredith thinks this is just going to be a little, small, meet your boyfriend cocktail thing... me on the other hand, I don't care, I love a party." Maddie laughed.

"Did you clear this with her?" George pointedly asked Izzie.

"I will." She said, the three gave her a look. "I promise... and Maddie's fine with it, it's her house too."

"Why are you wasting the only weekend your boyfriend is in town on a big party? Is he bad in bed?" Cristina asked.

"No. I just want him to meet some of my friends." Izzie chuckled.

"Oh he's definitely bad at sex." Maddie laughed looking at Cristina who laughed with her. "Sucks for you."

"I heard there was a party tonight at Madison and Meredith's house." Alex said entering the gallery.

"Oh really, party?" Cristina questioned.

"Uh, news to me." Izzie said.

"No party." George chuckled.

Maddie stayed silent under Cristina's glare, she knew the younger intern couldn't lie.

"Mad's I need you to talk to Dr Shepherd, he likes you." Alex called, approaching her.

"Not as much as he likes my sister." She muttered under her breath with a laugh.

"What?" Alex asked, not hearing her. "Never mind, can you talk to him or not?"

"Depends." She stroked a pretend beard. "What's it about?"

"Stop it you goofball!" Alex smiled nudging her shoulder. "I have this patient, he's a deluded junkie and Shepherd wants to give him drugs to help with pain!"

"But his pain is probably real."

"That's what Shepherd said!" Alex's voice rose. "The guy's been in seven hospitals in the last 4 months. He's a major addict."

"Alright, keep your hair on!" Maddie chuckled.

Later that day, Derek had told Alex to start a central line on the patient and a couple of hours later when Derek came to check on him, he seemed fine, so he was discharged.