𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧

Maddie sat cuddled up next to George on his bed, they were watching Maddie's favourite movie, on her laptop.

"Oh I love this bit!" She giggled, watching as Hugh Grant, playing the prime minister of the United Kingdom danced around number 10 Downing Street.

"It's a bit early in the year for this kind of film Mads." George chuckled, realising that this was a Christmas film.

Maddie gasped in horror. "Love Actually can be watched all year round Georgie! There is no need for such negativity!"

Suddenly, Izzie stormed into the room and threw herself on the bed next to George.

"Seriously?" She exclaimed. "Idiotic boys!"

"We're trying to watch a movie..." George said.

"Oh shut it!"

"Hey!" Maddie shouted. "You don't get to be a bitch to him just because Alex done something to you."

Izzie narrowed her eyes at the girl before sighing, knowing she was right.

Meredith suddenly stormed into the room as well, laying down next to Maddie.

"This is a very small bed." George said.

"He's a brain surgeon."

"I look fantastic! I shaved my legs!"

"He's a brain surgeon. How can he be so brainless?" Meredith exclaimed.

"This is why I stay single." Maddie said to George who chuckled at her.

"Seriously!" Izzie and Meredith shouted together.

"Okay seriously, you two are annoying the shit out of me, now both of you go to your own rooms and sleep because Georgie and I have a movie to finish and you two are ruining the vibe with all your negative energy!" Maddie snapped. "No offence, love you both." She smiled sheepishly at Izzie and her sister.

"Chief!" Maddie called, running up to the man in the hopes to talk to him for a second.

"Doctor Grey." He greeted, a small smile on his face as he stopped. "What can I do for you?"

"I wanted to talk to you about.. the other day... with my Mom."

Richard nodded, leading the intern to his office.

"What she said." Maddie sat down on a chair while Richard took his seat behind his desk. "About how you two did a good job with me? What did she mean?"

Richard sighed at the young intern sat in front of him. She was smart. There was no point in lying to her.

"Your Mother and I, we had an affair." He admitted straight away, not holding back.

Maddie sucked in a sharp breathe.

She knew her Mother was a lousy wife. She was working all the time, barely ever home and when she was home, she wasn't really.

She thought that's why her and Meredith's Dad walked out on them, because of their Mom's work.

Oh how wrong she'd been.

"There was a chance that you were... mine." Richard said softly, wary of the young Grey's reaction. "But you're not.. clearly."

"I see." Maddie's eyes widened comically. She looked majorly disturbed. "I have rounds, I should go uh... good talk."

She quickly scampered from the office.

"Why is this my life?" She mumbled to herself.

♡ ✶ ☽ ✵ ♡ ✶ ☽ ✵ ♡