𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐨𝐧

"I cut the LVAD wire

"I cut the LVAD wire." Izzie said.

"Actually, I cut the LVAD wire." Meredith repeated.

"No. I did it. I'm the one who cut the wire." George mumbled, sounding less like he did it than Meredith and Izzie. He then nudged Cristina who sighed heavily.

"Fine. I cut the LVAD wire."

"I didn't do anything. I'm totally innocent."

"Alex!"

"I wasn't even here. He knows I wasn't here. You think he doesn't know that? The guy's not mentally challenged!" He snapped.

"That's not the point. What about loyalty?" George asked.

"We made an agreement." Cristina said.

Alex laughed bitterly. "Loyalty? You want to go on about loyalty? Our best friend, our best friend, and your sister." He looked at Meredith. "Is laying in a hospital bed right now, because she got shot, she got shot!!" He shouted.

"All because of her!" He pointed at Izzie. "And you're all here defending that? Real nice loyalty." He scoffed watching as they looked down in shame.

The Chief told the interns they'd have no surgeries for the time being and that they'd share the one patient, getting her whatever she wanted before he dismissed them from his office.

"Alex, I'm sorry.." Izzie said trying to lay a hand on his arm which he harshly shook off.

"I'm not the one who you should be apologising to, this is crap, I'm turning her in." He glared at the blonde.

"I really appreciate what you did for me and Denny." Izzie smiled at him.

"Oh shut up. I only wanted in on that transplant surgery, I don't give a crap about Denny and I hope you get thrown out on your ass." He spat before walking away.

Alex walked to Maddie's hospital room where she lay still unconscious from her surgery. Derek was sat in the chair next to her bed.

"Hey." Alex mumbled walking in. "How's she doing?"

"She's doing good." Derek said, his eyes were red, it was clear he had been crying. "She's going to make a full recovery Bailey and the chief believe."

"That's good." Alex let out a sigh of relief.

"Are you staying? I've got some post ops and I don't want her being alone."

"Yeah of course!"

"Thanks Karev, you're a good friend to her." Derek smiled before leaving.

Alex took his seat and grabbed Maddie's hand.

"I'm here." He whispered.

"I know you are doofus." Maddie mumbled as she stirred.