𝟏𝟕 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬

Maddie was at Joe's again. This time, with her sister, Cristina and Izzie. They watched as Derek and Burke played darts.

"He's picturing my face. He's totally picturing that dart puncturing my skull." Cristina said.

Derek walked up to the board, looking directly at Meredith with an angry glance when he took his shot.

Maddie laughed, looking at her sister. "Derek is picturing you."

"He called me a whore. He lost the right to picture me."

Maddie snorted, Meredith sent her a glare. "I'm sorry, I-I'm not laughing cause he called you a whore I just- it's funny he called you a whore when he was sleeping with you while married."

Meredith smiled. "Exactly."

"Plus you might've been sleeping around a bit and now sleeping with our vet but you didn't get paid... I don't think." Maddie said thoughtfully. "So technically you're not a whore, just a bit slutty, but who cares!"

"Maddie... stop talking." Meredith handed her sister a drink to shut her up.

"So I fall asleep during sex. So what? Ass." Cristina loudly said the word 'ass'.

"Oh ass, hey!" Izzie said as Alex walked by.

"Jeez Louise." Maddie mumbled, taking a large gulp of her drink.

"Isobel Stevens has finally left the hospital. Does this mean heart patient dude finally kicked it?"

Maddie facepalmed. Literally. Not mentally. Cristina laughed at her.

"I'm sorry. This section of the bar is for surgeons. We don't socialize with gynecologists." Izzie said.

"Hey!" Maddie but in sharply. "Addison is an excellent surgeon and her speciality is not easy, so get off your high horse." 

Izzie glared and was about to bite back when George came in with Callie. "George!" She greeted.

"Hey Georgie, hey Callie!" Maddie beamed widely at the couple as she waved, both of them waving back.

"Hey, thanks... you know, for defending me." Alex whispered to Maddie as he stood behind her.

"Always." She smiled.

The following morning, Meredith, Derek and Addison were back at the vet, getting Doc's test results where they found out he was suffering from bone cancer. They discussed options and Finn was going to do some more tests to see how far the cancer had progressed.

"You shouldn't be keeping this from Maddie." Derek sent a glare to Meredith.

"She's my sister, I think I know her better than you do." She snarled back.

"You didn't know her very well when you decided to hide Doc being sick in the first place, she was hurt we kept it from her."

"And I'm asking you both to please, not say anything again, I'll do it when it's right, not before we go to work."

"I don't know." Derek huffed. "I'll see." He stormed off.

Addison looked awkwardly between them both before following after Derek.

♡ ✶ ☽ ✵ ♡ ✶ ☽ ✵ ♡

"Woah it's busy in here." Maddie said to her fellow interns as they walked into the ER.

"According to a paramedic, an employee went nuts and shot up a restaurant." Izzie said.

"I heard he got away." George said.