𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐫𝐲 𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

✯

Like I said disappearances happen. Pains go phantom, blood stops running, and people fade away.

Maddie woke up.

Apparently she fell unconscious again. She didn't know the full extent of all her injuries but she did know they were bad.

She felt water making its way around her.

Oh that's all I need

The part of the boat she was laying on, was slowly sinking under the water.

Maddie struggled but managed to pull her cellphone from her jacket pocket, cursing when she saw it had no signal. Her and Meredith made a pretty grim deal with each other, after the bomb incident and Maddie getting shot, that if any of them came close to death again, they'd call the other to say goodbye... if they could. Now, Maddie couldn't be positive, but she was pretty sure she was coming close to meeting the big man in the sky.

She called Meredith and as she expected, because she had no service, it went straight to her voicemail.

"Hey Mer.. Eeyore." Maddie laughed. Her voice was weak and her breathing still shallow as she took uneven breathes which she was sure Meredith would be able to hear over the phone when she got the message. "I'm sure by the time you hear this you'll know I was on the damn ferry boat, rotten luck huh? There's nothing you could've done to help me, so please don't feel guilty, I'm pretty sure the whole ass boat is on top of me." She laughed, trying to breathe normally.

"But I uh.. I want you to know, you're the best sister ever and I love you so much. I know we sometimes fight, but sisters do. You helped me through my darkest days, I know you'll miss taking care of me but you have to look after everyone else okay. Derek he's..." A tear streamed down Maddie's cheek, her breathes turned into short wheezes as she used what little energy she had left.

"Derek's going to blame himself. You need to tell him this wasn't his fault. He's a great guy Mer, don't let him go. Cristina she.. she's gonna act like she doesn't care but she will, she's my sister. Our sister. Still be twisted without me. And Alex, he's kind and he's gentle but he doesn't let many people see that.. you.. you all have to take care of him because he's my best friend and he's not gonna be okay. Georgie, he's been through so much recently.. he's already fragile, he can't make any more impulsive decisions, he's like my brother and Izzie... tell her I'm sorry, she's a great doctor, a little bit of a nutcase but a great doctor. You all are. Great doctors that is.. not nutcases. And Addison I'm um... I'm sure you know it was her, it was just fun but she made me happy..  I like her a lot...and she rocks. McSteamy's head might shrink a bit and he'll probably be mad he didn't get a piece of me before I go.. but he has a heart too, I know he's done wrong but he's a nice guy, I think he's trying to change. And Bailey she's.. the best mentor, we're lucky to have her.. go on easy on her, I think I'm her favourite." She smiled. "I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry to everyone." Maddie sobbed. "I love you Mer. I love all of you. You be careful when you get here, I think it's pretty crazy. You mean everything to me."