𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬?

"Not that I don't appreciate the invite and you know I jump at the chance to see Doc... but why have I been summoned here?" Maddie asked Derek as she sat outside his trailer with him, both of them holding a cup of coffee. Doc was sat next to Maddie, his head resting on her lap.

"I'm sorry." He sighed, rubbing a hand over his face. "I treated you horribly, you didn't deserve that. You were doing what was best for our patient. I let my ego get in the way... because Mark Sloan decided to show up."

Maddie stifled a laugh.

"What?" Derek's eyes widened. "What is it?"

"Just you admitting you have a humungous ego." Maddie giggled. "Makes me laugh."

Derek rolled his eyes before looking at her. "So, am I forgiven?"

"Yes." Maddie chuckled. "I know saying sorry isn't easy for you... y'know cause your big ego, so I really appreciate it. And I'm sorry too... if it seemed like I was taking Mark's side or anything."

"You have nothing to apologise for." Derek smiled, wrapping his arm around his friend. Maddie leaned her head on his shoulder. They sat like that for a few minutes before Maddie sighed heavily.

"I should get going." She mumbled. "Thanks for the coffee though."

As she stood up, a sudden wave of dizziness came over her, throwing her off her feet.

"Woah!" Derek shot up, catching Maddie before she hit the ground.

"Oh thanks... I must've tripped. Clumsy me." Maddie laughed but Derek wasn't amused.

"Maddie... you didn't trip, I watched you. Here, sit down." Derek pushed her back down onto the decking outside his trailer. "Do you feel okay?"

"You're being dramatic." Maddie rolled her eyes. "I just tripped on your uneven woodland flooring."

"You stood up, got dizzy and almost passed out, I'm not stupid, do I need to call Bailey?"

"Please!" Maddie scoffed. "As if Bailey gave you her number."

"You make a fair point." Derek chuckled. "But she might be at the hospital with her husband, I'll page her."

"Right fine! You win." Maddie rolled her eyes again. "I haven't had anything to eat today, that's all."

"We're going to the hospital now, I want to check you over."

"Derek." She groaned, not wanting anyone to make a fuss.

"Discretely, I promise." He said, leading her to his car.

"Bye Doc." Maddie pouted, getting into the car, as Derek put Doc in his trailer.

"Your blood pressure is extremely low." Derek quietly mumbled. Maddie was now sat in a hospital bed as he checked her over.

"Well it will be, as I told you, I haven't eaten today yet and I've had no coffee. It's not a big deal."

"You nearly passed out, it is a big deal." Derek firmly stated causing Maddie to roll her eyes.

"I need you to take it easy today, don't push yourself too hard and I don't want you drinking coffee." Derek gave Maddie a stern look.

"You're not joking?" She nervously asked, sipping a bottle of water.

"No. Caffeine won't do you any good. And if you do that, I'll be sure not to tell Bailey or Meredith about this."

"Oooh blackmail." Maddie grinned. "You got it boss." She saluted, jumping off the hospital bed causing Derek to quickly react in case she fell, again. "See I feel better already, catch ya later."