𝐬𝐢𝐱 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞

✯

Your self worth is determined by you, you don't have to depend on someone telling
you who you are, be yourself no matter
what they say

"Maddie! Maddie! Come on wake up!" Derek shook her.

Maddie jumped awake, covered in small beads of sweat, breathing heavily. Derek put his hand on her shoulder, but she flinched harshly away from his touch.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. He left and quickly returned with a glass of water for her.

"The shooting?" He questioned, gently. Maddie nodded, not trusting her voice.

"I still remember when my dad got shot in front of me, I don't think I'll ever forget it." Derek sighed.

He spoke to her for another few minutes before telling her to try get back to sleep.

"Hey, why are you up?" Maddie asked him just as he was about to leave her room.

"Your sister snores like a bear."

Maddie burst into laughter. "Night Der."

"Goodnight Maddie."

"I'm sorry Mads." Alex whispered, hugging his best friend as she walked into the locker room. "You're right, I'm only pissed cause I'm jealous of all the kick ass surgeries Yang got."

Maddie laughed. "Im sorry too... I miss when we all got along."

"I know, I know. At least you're back in the OR now." Alex gently nudged her.

"That's true." Maddie smiled.

"I'm proud of you ya know?" He looked at her.

"Thanks Alex. I'm proud of you too."

Soon everyone else arrived, Cristina asking Meredith how Burke was after another surgery as apparently they weren't talking. Bailey shortly lead them to George's dad's room first for rounds.

"My god." Maddie laughed, entering the room that was full of people, who appeared to be having a party.

"Maddie honey, morning!" George's mom greeted. "Morning everyone."

Apparently George's family, his whole family, wanted him to present as they started chanting his name. "Harold O'Malley 63. Status-post aortic valve replacement. Morning chest x-rays showed no atalectasis after aggressive CPT for the last two days. Scheduled for a transhiatal esophagectomy later today."