𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠

✯

There comes a point in your life when you're officially an adult. Suddenly you're old enough to vote, drink and engage in other adult activities. Suddenly people expect you to be responsible, a grown-up. We get taller, we get older. But do we ever really grow up?

"Momma B! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!!" Maddie squealed in delight as she threw her arms around the short resident.

"Thank you Madison." Doctor Bailey smiled, hugging back her favourite intern, who was now a resident, but Maddie would always be Bailey's baby intern.

Bailey had become the new chief resident after Callie had unfortunately struggled to handle it. Maddie felt bad for her but she was over the moon for Bailey.

"Doctor Bailey." Callie approached the pair who were stood by a nurses station. "I just uh- I just wanted to congratulate you.. you deserve the job." She smiled.

"Does she ever... come here, new chief resident. Huh? Someone deserves a big hug." Sydney Heron appeared and hugged Bailey from behind, Maddie and Callie tried to hide their laughter.

"Yeah I gotta go get changed." Maddie chuckled, quickly leaving and heading to the locker room.

"Hey you." Alex flung an arm around Maddie as he caught up to her.

"Hey." Maddie grinned back, remembering she got pretty drunk at the bar last night with him and Lexie. "I'm sorry if I was annoying last night I-"

"You're never annoying." Alex laughed lightly. "Plus, I love when you're drunk, you get so flirty."

"I do not!" Maddie crossed her arms.

"You so do." He smirked.

They got changed into their scrubs just in time for Bailey to enter the locker room and start giving a speech of some sort.

"The on-call rooms are for napping, not for anything that requires a locked door." Bailey spoke sternly.

Maddie nudged Alex with a smirk.

"Stevens, did you hear a word I said?"

Izzie who was whispering to Meredith, looked up sheepishly.

"Grow up, I believe is my point."

Maddie and Alex sniggered together.