𝐬𝐢𝐱 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨

✯

Time doesn't heal all wounds, that's bullshit, you just get used to it and sadly enough, the most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained.

Maddie rubbed concealer onto her neck where a large and hideous looking hickey was left by Addison from the night before.

"You.. you are bad!" She laughed as Addison appeared in the hotel bathroom mirror behind her, smirking. "And this makeup is expensive!!"

Addison chuckled, shaking her head not caring that Maddie was using her makeup. "It's fine, it's my fault. God, I don't think I've experienced anything like this since I was a teenager."

"Yeah, me either." Maddie grinned and they laughed together. "Are you okay?" Maddie asked, not forgetting what day Addison told her it was.

"Come here." Addison laughed, taking the makeup and applying it to Maddie's neck herself. "I'm fine, really. It'll be Mark who's going to be a nightmare today."

Maddie sighed.

"Yeah, this is a little too light for your skin tone." Addison snickered, trying to blend the concealer.

"You pale bitch." Maddie laughed receiving a playful shove from Addison.

Maddie decided to braid her hair again, putting the braid to the side in the hopes of hiding the hickey. But she knew she'd end up absentmindedly putting it behind her like she usually does. Though the makeup was still on her neck, you could tell it was there.

She stood at the nurses station in between Meredith and Cristina as they watched Thatcher on the phone.

"How am I related to that man?" Meredith asked.

"I second that." Maddie hummed, popping an M&M into her mouth.

"What do you mean?" Cristina was confused.

"I mean, look at him." Maddie snickered, just as he knocked over a cup of coffee.

Meredith nodded in agreement. "I mean he's a disaster. A stammering, mumbling, clumsy disaster with whom I have absolutely nothing in common. Not one thing."

"Uhh... I hate to break this to you but-"

"What?" Maddie and Meredith said together.

"You two do your own share of stammering yourselves, that nervous talking thing you do, it's actually a lot like him, especially you sunshine, you ramble a lot when you're nervous."