𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

✯

We go into medicine because we want to save lives, we go into medicine because we want to do good, for the rush, for the high, for the ride. But what we remember at the end of most days, are the losses, what we lay awake at night replaying is, the pain we caused or failure to cure or lives we failed to save.

"Baby when I met you there was peace unknown, I set out to get you with a fine tooth comb, I was soft inside, there was something going on." Mark Sloan sang into his microphone.

"You do something to me that I can't explain, hold me closer and I feel no pain, every beat of my heart we got something going on." Him and Maddie sang together.

"Making love with each other ah ha!" Mark sang, wiggling his eyebrows as Maddie rolled her eyes.

"Islands in the stream, that is what we are, no one in between how can we be wrong? Sail away from me, to another world and we rely on each other ah ha!"

They finished together before bursting into laughter and practically falling off the stage. The pair had went out, after a long shift, to a nearby bar that wasn't Joe's and ended up having a little too much to drink, which resulted in karaoke.

Maddie would be lying if she said she wasn't having fun, in fact she couldn't remember the last time she had this much fun.

"Didn't I tell you blue eyes?" Mark smirked.

"Tell me what?" She giggled, sipping her cocktail.

"I told you to give me a chance, as friends, and you'd warm up to me, look at us now we're practically besties."

"Never use the term besties again." Maddie laughed as Mark pretended to be offended.

"You love me." He winked.

"Mark."

"Yeah?"

"I'm not going to fuck you." Maddie smirked back, sticking up her middle finger.

"I know blue eyes, but a guy can dream."

They laughed together before ordering their last drink of the night and leaving the bar. Mark made sure Maddie got home safely before heading back to his hotel.

"My problem is, I'm sleeping with a man who's dating, and I don't care if he dates Sydney, it's the woman he dates after Sydney, that's my problem." Maddie heard the familiar voice of her sister as she stirred awake.