𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝

"I'm just not going." Meredith said, laying in bed, refusing to go to work. "And neither is Maddie!" She shouted, hearing her sister getting ready.

"Maddie is going to work, because Maddie is not a pessimist who stays in bed over some feeling!" She retorted.

"Maddie I am your older sister and you will do what I say!"

"Shut up Mer! I'll get you two at the car if she's not coming!" Maddie called, leaving the house just as Cristina entered. "Oh good luck, you'll need it."

"Thanks sunshine." Cristina laughed, walking in.

All of the interns, including Meredith, were now in the pit, wearing their yellow gowns, waiting for incoming cases.

"We haven't had a decent resident this week." Cristina complained.

"Oh the last two weren't so bad." Izzie said.

"I miss Doctor Bailey." Maddie pouted.

"Me too." George agreed.

"I wonder what resident we'll have to suck up to this week." Alex said.

"That would be me."

The interns turned round to see a very pregnant Doctor Bailey, dressed in normal clothes.

"Doctor Bailey!" Maddie cheered, giving her favourite resident a hug.

"You're the only one I missed." Bailey said to her before turning to the rest. "I've been gone 2 weeks. 2 weeks! And you ran off 2 residents! I've got people phoning me at home, screaming telling me my interns are Rosemary's babies."

They all look offended.

"Nobody wants you! Do you think I have time for this? I am pregnant! I'm supposed to be on bed rest. I'm supposed to be calm! Do I look calm to you? Did I raise you fools to be pariahs?"

George rushed forward, pulling Bailey into a hug also. "You're back!"

"I am not back! Get off me!" She said, slapping his back before an incoming ambulance was heard. "Uh Yang, Karev, Grey, Stevens stay here and wait for the incoming case. O'Malley page Addison Shepherd." George nodded and went into the hospital. "Grey get a wheelchair."

"A wheelchair?" Cristina and Meredith questioned as Maddie left to get one.

Bailey turned to the four interns. "What did I say?" She snapped causing them to walk away to meet the ambulance.

"What do you want me to tell Doctor Montgomery Shepherd when she answers her page?" George asked.

Just then, Maddie returned with a wheelchair, a gushing noise was heard and both of the interns looked down see water on the floor.

Maddie looked at Bailey, a huge excited smile lit up her face, George just looked shocked.

"Tell her my contractions are 10 minutes apart and my waters just broke all over your shoes."

Maddie laughed as George tried to lift Bailey into the wheelchair. "Ah, boy get off of me!"

"Doctor Bailey this is so exciting!" Maddie beamed. "Are you ready? Do you have names picked out?"

"No I don't." Bailey hummed thoughtfully.

They took her to an empty room, where Addison soon arrived to examine her while George and Maddie stood outside.

♡ ✶ ☽ ✵ ♡ ✶ ☽ ✵ ♡

The morning went by quickly, Maddie and George helped out Addison with Bailey till Bailey decided she wanted to be alone while she waited for her husband to arrive.