𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞

"He chose her, he came to the bar... to tell me he chose her." Meredith said to her sister as they sat in their shared car.

"Mer." Maddie sighed.

This was a horrible situation but she couldn't hate Derek for picking his wife. Although she was still salty about him hiding said wife.

"I know, you told me." Meredith groaned. "You told me this might happen, I didn't listen and now look!" She pointed at a large zit on her forehead.

Maddie snorted in laughter, watching as her sister tried to cover it with her hair.

"That's not going to work." She chuckled.

A car pulled up next to them and Addison walked out, sunglasses on and looking flawless, as ever. She waved at the girls, confusion filling her face as she watched Meredith fumble with her hair in the mirror. The girls waved back, Maddie's more genuine and natural than Meredith's awkward, forced wave.

She huffed before pulling out a 'Hello Kitty' bandaid and placing it on her forehead.

"Mer.. no." Maddie deadpanned.

"What choice do I have?" She cried before leaving the car.

"I think you're being a little dramatic." Maddie tried not to laugh at her sister's misfortune as she followed her into the hospital.

"My whole life is dramatic!"

"Doctor Montgomery-Shepherd." Maddie greeted the red head with a smile.

"Doctor Grey."

"The one and only." She grinned. "Well not really... Meredith is Doctor Grey too but y'know what I mean."

Addison chuckled. "The case I have today is a personal one-"

"Oh! I can get reassigned-"

"No." Addison smiled at the young doctor. "I want you there, follow me."

Maddie followed the attending down the hall, towards a blonde woman.

Addison opened her arms to greet her. "Sav!"

"Oh it's so good to see you." The woman greeted back as they hugged tightly.

"Savvy, this is Maddie... Doctor Grey." Addison corrected.

"Any friend of Addie's is a friend of mine, no need for formalities, it's great to meet you!"

She pulled the young doctor into her arms, taking both Maddie and Addison by surprise.

"Oh." Maddie laughed, not expecting to be hugged. "It's good to meet you too."

Addison lead the women to a room, where she and Sav explained the situation, Sav's Mother recently passed away from ovarian cancer.

"Sav, a positive test result isn't the end of the world. It just means that you have a gene mutation-"

"I know what it is. I've talked to the genetic counselor. I've been to my gynecologist and now I'm here. Addie, you're the best surgeon there is."

"Oh." Maddie realised what was going on. Sav smiled at her while Addie looked on confused.

"Sav you don't have cancer."

"And I have no intention of getting it." She smiled lightly.

Addison shook her head. "So you want me to.."

"I want you to take out my ovaries and the uterus. And when that's done... you're gonna find the best person out there to cut off my breasts."

Addison looked apprehensive but Maddie just smiled. She didn't know what she would do in that position, but she thought Sav was being very wise and brave.