𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

"I am so sick of men." Meredith announced.

"Mhmmm, heard that one before." Maddie snorted.

The sisters were in Joe's bar, Meredith was harshly knitting... something. Maddie had no idea what it was supposed to be.

"Dude, is she knitting?" Joe asked Derek, who was standing by the bar, watching Meredith.

"You know, as a friend, I got to tell you, you look a little weird." Derek said, approaching the girls.

"You do Mer." Maddie laughed as she sipped her cocktail.

"I am making a sweater."

"You're knitting. In a bar. You can't knit in a bar. You're scaring the customers." Joe stated.

"Yeah, have a drink." Maddie grinned.

"No, I'm celibate. I'm practicing celibacy, and drinking does not go well with celibacy, because it makes everything and everyone seem kind of porn. And then my head gets all cloudy and then the next thing you know, I'm naked. And my point is, I'm celibate, and knitting is good for surgical dexterity, so I'm making a sweater."

"You? Celibate? I just don't buy it." Derek scoffed with a laugh.

"No more men." Meredith said.

"She's a lesbian now, sorry Derrrr." Maddie giggled at Derek who chuckled, walking away.

"You do look really weird though." Maddie whispered to her sister.

"Thanks!" Meredith sarcastically smiled in response.

"Hey, I'd be a bad sister if I wasn't honest with you." She raised her hands in defence.

It had been a few days since George moved out and luckily he didn't go very far, Cristina and Burke had let him stay with them.

George seemed a little more like himself too, other than the fact he'd cut off his curly hair but Maddie had to admit, he looked much better.

He also recently had a date with an orthopaedic resident, who Maddie was yet to meet. And Izzie was getting closer and closer to Denny, although she didn't seem to realise it.

The following day, Addison was walking through the hospital halls when she bumped into her husband.

"Oh hey."

"Hey listen, Doc is sick, I've dropped him off at the vet, they're going to run some tests. Meredith's going to check on him later. But I need you not to tell Maddie, I know she's on your service today."

Addison gave him a disapproving look.

"No, don't look at me like that. We're not saying anything to her till we know." Derek said, knowing it would crush Maddie if Doc had something serious wrong with him.

"Fine." Addison sighed, walking to her patients room.

"Molly Thompson, 24 years old, 32 weeks pregnant. Transferred here from Mercy West when an ultrasound diagnosed the baby with congenital diaphragmatic hernia." George presented the patient to Addison as Maddie stood next to him.

"Hello, Molly. I'm Doctor Addison Shepherd."

"You're supposed to be the best." Molly said.

"And not to put any pressure on you, or anything, but this is my baby carrying my grandchild so I really hope that you are. The best, I mean." Her Mother, who was standing next to her, cut in.

"Mom.. you're kind of threatening the doctor. Don't threaten the doctors."

"It's ok. I can take it. I am the best." Addison smirked, Maddie and George nodded in agreement.