Horror Movie|Jeno x NCT Dream

TW: Intense fear, paranoia, hard time breathing, panic

The friend group gets prepared to watch the movie, Jeno's pick having been horror, much to everyone's delight. They gather snacks, blankets, drinks, and some give their partners the promise of comforting them.

When everything is ready, they place themselves around the living room, the two couples cuddling while Jeno, Renjun, and Mark stay near each other.

Jeno enjoys the movie, finding it interesting and even making the experience more enjoyable by making funny comments that get his friends laughing. It's nice that Jeno is able to find humor in horror movies and ease his friends when things start getting scary but none of them know that Jeno's comments aren't just for them, it's for him too.

Because if Jeno is finding things to make jokes about then he can temporarily make himself forget that he's scared.

It works for a while but the movie is a lot scarier than Jeno thought and he can feel himself getting more nervous and paranoid. He looks to his right, remembering that Renjun is next to him. He knows that affection will most likely be rejected so he looks around for someone else.

He crawls over to where Mark is and leans his head on his friends shoulder, trying to make this small gesture be enough to relax him. Mark gives Jeno a weird look but doesn't say anything, much to Jeno's relief.

Everything is fine until they need more popcorn and Marks nice ass volunteers to get it so no one else has to miss the movie.

Jeno starts trembling from fear, terrified for every possible jump scare and even more terrified when they happen.

It's too much so he moves back over to Renjun and tries to lean against him, only for the male to move away. Tears prick at the corner of his eyes, Jeno now feeling too scared and sad to be there any longer.

"Jeno", Jaemin whispers, loudly.

Jeno gulps, trying to sniffle silently before turning to look at his friend, realizing that Chenle, Jisung, and Haechan are staring at him as well.

Haechans eyebrows knit together as he takes in his appearance. He leans forward to make sure his eyes aren't deceiving him, getting a confirmation from the way Jeno avoids eye contact and barely looks up.

"Is everything okay?" Mark asks.

"I'm fine", Jeno says, standing up. "I need to go to the bathroom."

Having no one to comfort him hurts but having no one around him at all is worse. It's only the bathroom, it's right down the hall and Jeno can still hear the movie. The creepy music, when a jump scare happens, when someone screams—the worst of it all—and when one of the evil creatures talk in their nasally, raspy voice.

Without seeing the scream, there's nothing for Jeno to even attempt to make fun of and he's left with his imagination to figure out what's going on. Horrifying images appear in his brain. He squeezes his eyes shut trying to block them out but unfortunately for him, the things in his head move out of it and appear in the bathroom in him.

He sees the evil demon in the mirror, feels the air become different, feels like someone or something is watching him. In the bathroom, there's no escape. 'Cause if it's not in the mirror, it's in the shower behind the curtain, it's in the cabinet underneath the sink, in the small towel closet, it's in the water pipes.

Jeno begins to lose his breath, feeling too panicked and too alert for no actual danger. He pulls the bathroom door open with so much force that it slams against the closet door behind it, gaining the attention of all his friends who look at him when he appears in the living room like a wild man.