All For Love|ChenYang

This is my longest one-shot in existence. Imagine like a three part one-shot (maybe four part) combined into one. Do with that what you will

Chenle x Yangyang

One minute. That's all it takes to throw Chenle violently off course. He can see Renjun looking at him in worry, probably regretting the simple sentence he said a little over one minute ago, but he's barely paying attention, too stuck on the words just said. He hates it, the way he reacts and even if he plans on forcing Renjun to take this reaction to his grave, it still feels like he's being put on display, opening up right for the one person who lost any and all privilege of knowing him.

"Chenle?" Renjun asks softly, worry still apparent.

Chenle takes a deep breath that doesn't actually help and nods. "Yeah. I'm fine."

"I'm sorry, I just thought you should know, so you wouldn't be surprised-"

"I mean it, Renjun", Chenle speaks up while he actually feels like this is the truth. "I'm fine."

"You're gonna see him."

"I know he's your best friend and all, but I really don't give a fuck about him. Thank you for warning me, I appreciate it."

Renjun gives him a once-over, making it obvious that he wants to press on, most likely until he has Chenle crying in his arms from spilling every single thought he's had the past few months, even if it's unrelated to what he actually wants to talk about. Chenle appreciates this about him, but sometimes, he hates that it makes it so hard to think he's fine.

"Fine", Renjun relents, looking almost mad. But Chenle knows better, knows that it's just from a place of love that he's irritated Chenle won't talk about it. "Will you be okay tomorrow?"

"Yes", Chenle responds way too quick, afraid that in a second, he won't mean it.

Renjun doesn't say anything else about it, just squeezes Chenles hand and makes it clear he's holding back from calling him an idiot. Chenle smiles, feeling loved.

————————————

"Why do we do this every year?" Yangyang questions, pretending like he minds their tradition.

Jaemin shrugs. "I don't know. You weirdos are so competitive you dedicated a whole day to trying to beat each other."

"There's definitely sexual tension", Donghyuck comments unhelpfully.

Jisung rolls his eyes. "Don't pretend like you don't wanna fuck Jeno, just leave us out of it."

Yangyang laughs. "Wow, I did not miss anything."

"Then, I didn't miss you either."

Yangyang turns his head to find Renjun staring at him with narrowed eyes, looking far less threatening than he's going for. Especially to Yangyang who's immune to his best friends short temper and regular showcases of (lighthearted) violence. Yangyang grins first and Renjun can't help but match his expression before pulling him into a hug that they're both gonna deny ever happened.

Chenle hears the sound of someone plopping onto the fluffy grass beside him and continues staring ahead, assuming that they'll take his acknowledgement as an invite to ask him if he's okay or other questions that are just plain stupid. He just stares off in the distance, aware of everyone greeting their "special guest". 

He realizes Jeno is the one next to him when he speaks up. "Renjun already warned us that asking if you're okay won't do shit and that you seem to like saying you're fine, but I'm gonna ask something anyways. How do you feel?"