Change Of Heart pt.2|MarkRenLeHyuck

Mark x Renjun x Chenle x Donghyuck

If things are moving fast, it's because I have no idea how to explain time/I don't even know myself *laughs*

Renjun takes a step back. "I'm good."

Right as Mark makes a move towards him, Renjun feels arms snake around his waist and a chin resting on his shoulder. He can hear the smile in Jaemins voice as he says, "Hi. I'm Jaemin. Who are you?" 

Mark looks from Jaemin to Renjun, hardly comprehending what he's seeing. It's been some time since he's seen Renjun, he shouldn't be surprised at this, really, but he just never thought he'd actually see it.

"Are you guys dating?" He blurts.

Jaemin laughs, and then he leans in towards Mark over Renjuns shoulder and lowers his voice. "Here, I'm just Renjuns special friend. If you know what I mean."

Renjun sighs, happy that his slight embarrassment makes this seem more authentic. He looks back at Mark and raises an eyebrow. "Did you come here for something?"

"I'll, um, sure. I'll order."

Still maintaining his nearly unnerving smile, Jaemin detaches himself from Renjun and tells Mark. "I'll make it."

All Mark can do is nod and follow him to the counter, sparing on last look at Renjun.

Renjun takes the opportunity to hide out in the back, more than happy to do everyone elses jobs for them and they're more than happy to let him do it. Once Jaemin appears, Renjun glances at their unofficial manager who nods for him to take his break and gestures to the back door. Renjun grabs his coat and gets a glimpse of Jaemin grabbing his.

"You're gonna ask, aren't you?" Renjun asks as soon as he hears the door shut with a thud.

"Not if you don't want me to."

It's silent during the two minutes it takes for them to walk to and seat themselves on a nearby bench and Renjun to decide he doesn't mind telling Jaemin.

"That's the best friend." Renjun looks at Jaemin. "Of the guy who's rumored to be dating Chenle. His name is Mark. And they both messed with me, but with Mark, it was worse. I actually thought..." Renjun cuts himself off, looking around as he remembers how stupid he was. He takes a deep breath. "I actually thought he liked me. And him and Donghyuck-that's the name of his best friend-they were nice to me and they let me in. Donghyuck kept telling me how much Mark liked me and both of them, but especially Donghyuck swore to me they didn't like each other."

"I think I know where this is going."

Renjun nods. "It was around spring and they came in and they were holding hands. I'm always out front, I was wiping down the counter, and I saw them right away. They looked guilty and they tried to apologize but nothing they said would've actually made anything better. We stayed friends, I tried to ignore it but then they stopped coming in and I think that might've made it worse, I don't know." Renjun looks around again, glances down at his lap and then continues. "It hurt, of course it did, but I think it's annoying knowing I lost them completely. I was happy when they entered my life but then they disappeared so quickly and it just feels like they didn't care at all. I wish that never happened."

"I can't believe that asshole came here", Jaemin says. "And did you see how surprised he looked at the thought of you dating somebody? Did he think you'd just be heartbroken over him the whole time?"

Renjun snorts and shrugs. "I don't know. I don't really know, Mark. I thought I had an idea but I guess he wasn't planning on letting me know much."

"I'm sorry. You didn't deserve that."