Chapter Five: Satanic Board Game

I really thought I had gotten over Eddie not calling. That was until my mom frantically rushed me into the living room one day to watch the news. A news reporter was talking about Hawkins.
"Hawkins? Why is Hawkins on California news?"
"Just watch"
-News Reporter-
"It has been a truly tragic day. Families forced to evacuate. Hawkins, Indiana torn to pieces. Some say it was an earthquake and that Hawkins sat on secret tectonic plates. Other's blame cultism. They claim that "The gates of hell have been opened". The culprit? A highschool club called "The Hellfire Club""

"Eddie's DND club? They aren't cultist! It's a board game what is satanic about that!" I exclaim.

"Their leader is named Eddie Munson. Munson has been missing since the mysterious death of former classmate Chrissy Cunningham. Chrissy was found dead and brutality beaten in the trailer home of Eddie and Wayne Munson. Her body was found by Wayne Munson after he got home from working night shift. Further evidence is yet to be found to confirm this theory, but I'd keep watch on all the clubs in your neighborhood to be sure the same doesn't happen to you"

"They think he murdered someone!? Eddie wouldn't hurt a fly! Also he's missing! That's why he hasn't been returning my calls oh my god!"
"Hey hey it's okay I'm sure they're going to get everything figured out"
"No mom it's not okay. Eddie's being blamed for murder and starting a cult. If he's not dead he's hiding somewhere. He's not safe. Hawkins already calls him a freak. Now the whole world believes that bullshit!"