Chapter Thirty Five: Destined for Failure

I find the glinting object in sight and walk over to it. I bend down and pick it up. It's one of Eddie's rings. His skull one. I look around and catch a glimpse of something again. I walk over to it. It's another ring. I quickly look around for any more rings. There's nothing. I walk under the big cliff I was once on and see a gaping hole off to the side. My intuition tells me that gong into a cave is a bad idea, but curiosity gets the best of me. I retrieve the flashlight from my backpack pocket and walk towards the cave. My flashlight shines on the crystal covered walls of the cave. Colored light bounces around. As terrible as the upside down is I have to admit that it's beautiful. I walk further into the cave looking above and around me. Something crunches under my feet. I lift my foot and see a shattered watch. It looks like Eddie's. I shine my flashlight to the back of the cave and spot a lump of flesh. It's a sleeping demogorgon. It looks like it's curled around something. I take another step forward and my foot slips on a fallen crystal. I catch myself before I fall, but the noise woke the demogorgon. It jumps up but hits the ceiling of the cave. I go to raise the sword, but a sharp crystal falls and slices my hand making me drop the sword. I panic  as it grumbles towards me. Just as it launches itself at me I raise my hands in defence and shoot the demogorgon back with my powers. To be honest I forgot I had those. I drag the demogorgon out of the cave and smash it against the rock outside killing it. I turn back to the inside of the cave and see Eddie's body draped over a boulder. I gasp and cover my mouth at the sight of Eddie's mutilated body. He is eaten down to bones on most parts of his body. I was such an idiot for thinking that his body would be perfectly preserved. Even if it somehow was, he would have been dead for too long for his body to function. Max was only dead for a minute and that's how she came back when her soul was released by Vecna's death. I crumbled to the ground and started sobbing. All of this to be even more traumatized. I wish I could just give up on things like any normal human being. Why can't I be normal? I was cursed from the start. I was made to be a weapon and that's all I've ever been.