Chapter Fourteen: Help

"Woah. That's a lot."
I'm just sitting here trying to comprehend everything that I've learned today. Even though so much has been said, only one person's input has been properly processed in my mind. Dustin didn't say anything the whole time everyone was explaining this shit to me. Yet I still remember his voice cracking on the word "last" at the high school. I want to let everyone know that I got what they were saying, but I came here for Eddie and there's no Eddie. My eyes start to water. I need to get away for a second.
"Hey I'm gonna go outside for a minute" I say as my voice waivers and tears begin to form.
I just barely get out the door when I break down. I'm sitting on the concrete my face burning hot and soaked with tears. I hear the door open behind me. Someone sits next to me. I turn my face away before I see who it is. I try to wipe away my tears and collect myself, but there is a sinking feeling all throughout my body that I can't shake.
"Hey kid it's okay to cry. There's a lot going on and it's a lot to take in. I get that it doesn't make a whole lotta sense and it's not entirely fair at all, but we're gonna figure this out."
I feel a hand on my shoulder. It's Hopper. I can tell that he's a dad. He's got the dad speech down. I take a shakey deep breath and turn to him.
"Thank you. I really needed that." I breathily chuckle.
"Everything okay out here" Steve asks through the screen door.
I turn to look at him and nod my head. I stand and brush myself off.
"How can I help?"
Hopper stands and looks confused. Him and Steve share the look.
"Help?"
"Yeah. I have powers like Eleven, so I should be able to help somehow."
Hopper let's out an exasperated sigh.
"I don't even know what to do from here. This has gotten to a point that none of us ever anticipated."
I glance at Steve and Hopper.
"Then we better get to planning."