Chapter Nine: Face the Truth

Good ol Hawkins High. I do not miss this place. I was a total dumbass and forgot to ask what Dustin looked like before I came here. I guess I'll have to ask around. It takes what feels like hours of shuffling through the crowded gym and asking for Dustin to find somebody who has a clue who I'm talking about.
"Dustin Henderson? Yeah he's my lil buddy. Do you need him?"
"Yeah I need to ask him a few questions."
"Okay he's back there packing those bags with clothes."
I walked around the clothing tables to a space behind the bleachers where a boy was packing clothes.
"Uh Hi Hello. Are you Dustin Henderson?"
"Yeah what's up?"
"I need to ask you a few questions about Eddie. Eddie Munson?"
The boy freezes in his place as his smile drops. His face is red and his eyes glossy. He clears his throat.
"Ehem uh ya I knew him. Why?"
He busies himself with packing clothes again.
"I'm an old friend and I need to find him so I can help get him out of this shit hole that Hawkins has dug him. He's innocent."
"Y-yeah I know he was. I think that we should go somewhere else to talk about this."
I follow him to the PE teacher's office. He motions for me to sit down and he sits across from me.
"So how'd you know Eddie?" he questions me.
"Well we dated for a bit a few years ago then we became just friends and I had to move away from Hawkins. Even though I moved we still talked everyday on the phone. Until he stopped answering my calls. I just thought that he moved on, but then I saw the news and had to come help him. I've been all over town going from person to person to find out any clue to where he might be and everything has lead to you. Lucas said you were the last person with him so I guessed that you'd have to best idea as to where he is."
By now Dustin had his head in his hands. He slowly wiped his face and looked into my eyes.
"Lucas is right I was the -last- person with him." he choked through sobs.
"What-?"
For a couple seconds the world stopped spinning. I got light headed and my vision blurred. I felt something trickle down my nose.