Chapter Twenty Five: Everything Goes Dark

Once outside we are bombarded with forceful winds. The clouds above us are swirling in a furious rage. And then we hear a yell from above us. We look up and see a battle between Vecna and Eddie commencing. Vecna is trying to hold Eddie back, but Eddie swings at Vecna and uses the bats to hold him still. Then Vecna explodes the bats and flesh rains down upon us. We duck under a tree. Hopper sets me on the ground. I'm weak, but not quite dead yet. I can still help. I push myself up.
"What do you think you're doing?" asks Steve.
"It's gonna take more than just Eddie to get rid of him." I say gesturing to the fight above us.
Eddie is struggling to break free of Vecna's wrath.
"You can't fight y/n you're hurt" says Robin.
"Yeah it'd be stupid to even try. You're gonna get yourself killed" says Jonathan.
"I'd be stupid to just sit here. I came here for Eddie in the first place and he's right there."
The group goes silent.
"There's one chime left. Eleven's almost done. You guys need to get out of here. Because once that clock sounds all of this alternate Hawkins gonna be gone including anyone in it."
"Then you're coming with y/n" states Steve.
I shake my head and walk towards the house.
"Y/n!" shouts Nancy.
I look back. Hopper nods and ushers them back towards the trailers to get out of here. I go back to the house and climb what's left to the top.
"Hey fuck face!" I yell.
Eddie turns to me.
"Not you my love the other one!"
Eddie smiles and clears my view of Vecna. The clock chimes. The world around us begins to crumble. I close my eyes and lift my hand. I hold Vecna still. I hear Eddie fly towards him and the sound of metal hitting flesh. The fallen house I'm standing on crumbles. I fall. I open my eyes to see Eddie diving for me with his hands stretched out towards me. I try to reach for him but everything goes dark.