Chapter Twelve: What's Going On?

When we arrived at the Wheeler's house Mrs. Wheeler, her husband, and young daughter were in their car pulling out of the driveway. Mike and Nancy weren't going with them. They were standing amongst many people waving goodbye to the Wheeler's car. We parked and everyone got out of their cars.
"Hopper!?" exclaimed the three from Steve's car.
They rush up to the man with a hat and give him hugs.
"Ha we thought you were dead. Where were you?" asks Dustin.
The man goes on to explain and the others chime in providing their perspectives. I have no idea what any of these people are talking about. Eleven spots me leaning on my car and walks over.
"Hi"
"Oh uh yeah hi, what is all of this? I'm so confused."
She walks back over to the group and announces my presence. The group focuses their attention on me.
"She's like me Mike." Eleven said.
"Like you? So she has powers?"
"Yeah"
I walk towards the group.
"Everyone this is y/n. Y/n everyone." says Steve.
The man with a hat stuck out his hand to introduce himself.
"I'm Hopper. Jim Hopper."
I shake his hand.
"Hi I'm Joyce." says the woman next to him. "And those are my son's Will and Jonathan."
She points to a boy next to Mike and another next to Nancy. The boys walk over and introduce themselves. The boy next to Mike was Will and the other was Jonathan.
"Hi I'm Nancy."
Nancy approaches with her hand extended. I shake her hand.
"Yeah I know. Class of '83. Physics class. I sat behind you."
"Oh yeah I remember now."
"We uh should probably tell her what's going on you guys." says Dustin.
We go into the house to talk.