Chapter Twenty Three: Remember

"W-what do you mean he's coming back? Who's coming back?"
"See for yourself" Vecna says pointing towards the door.
The door bursts off it's hinges. A swarm of bats floods the room and obstructs my view of Vecna. I can't see him, but I can still feel him. I hear the walkie go off again.
"Y/n code red! Code red! Eddie's a fucking vamp-" I hear Jonathan yell before the bats destroy the walkie. Bats are attacking my arm trying to get me to let go. It hurts but I won't let go. I can't. The bats clear a way for someone walking towards me. It's Eddie. Kind of. The silhouette of bat-like wings frame him. He's covered in blood.
"Eddie! Eddie it's me it's y/n! Eddie my love it's me! Eddie!" I yell, my lip trembling.
He doesn't respond. He stops about a foot in front of me.
"Eddie?"
He grasps my arm. The arm I'm using to hold Vecna.
"Eddie no! Please! Don't do this Eddie! Be a hero! Please!" I plead through tears.
He pins my arm down to my side and I lose grip of Vecna. His eyes are dead. He has no emotion. He catches me off guard and firmly wraps his fingers around my neck. His nose scrunches like he's mad. I've never seen him mad.
"Eddie you don't have to do this!" I rasp out.
His grip loosens and his face softens. He moves his hand from my neck to my cheek.
"There you are Eddie."
He then pushes my head to the side exposing my neck.
"Kill her Eddie" Vecna beacons from the attic.
"Eddie! Eddie no! I love you Eddie! Please!" I plead.
Eddie brings his head closer to mine. I can feel his cold breath on my neck.
"Go ahead Eddie kill her. She left you. She didn't want you. Just like everyone else." taunts Vecna.
I can feel cold sharp teeth on my neck. His nails are digging into the skin on my arm and face.
"Eddie that's not true! I love you! I broke up with you because I wanted to keep you safe. I was scared of hurting you!"
His teeth slowly begin to sink into my neck. I'm panicking.
"Remember that night at lovers lake? We were dancing to "I Was Made For Lovin' You" and you were playing air guitar with a stick. I was singing into an invisible mic and we just danced around on the dock. And then that one part came on and you threw yourself into the lake. I thought that you were drowning, but when I leaned over the dock you pulled me in. I was shocked and you held me up and made sure I was okay. And then we laughed. And then we kissed. In the water Eddie! Remember the water? It was cold, but we were warm next to each other."
He paused.
"And then we got out and laid on the dock watching the stars. Remember the stars? I looked over and you weren't looking at the stars Eddie. You were looking at me. Do you remember me?"
He pulls away and looks at me. His eyes are sorrowful. He looks around. At the house. At me. At his his reflection in the window. He wipes the blood away from his lips.  He turns around and draws a sword from a sheath attached to his belt. He looks over his shoulder back at me and then spreads his wings. He breaks through the ceiling into the attic. The bats follow.