Chapter Eight: Get Well Soon

As I walk into the ICU unit there are a couple people arguing with the receptionist.
"When is the soonest she'll be out of here?" the boy asks.
"I already told you sir she might never get out now get off my ass about this" said the receptionist with a sassy tone.
"Well imma need you to give us a little more than that Deborah." said the girl.
I made it up to the counter and tried to butt in to ask about Max's room number.
"Um hello can I-"
"Alright Deborah, you wanna lose your job because I can make you lose your job real quick. Tell us when we can get Max outta here." demanded the girl.
"Wait Max?"
It caught me off guard that these kids were talking about Max.
"Yeah. Do you know her?" questioned the boy.
"Uh no but I am looking for her boyfriend Lucas"
"Well you found him not much to see huh."
"Really Erica."
"What? It's true."
"So you're Lucas" I said gesturing to the boy.
"Yeah?"
"I need to ask you some questions."
Lucas and I walked over to the waiting area and sat down.
"I know it's kind of a bad time I'm sorry, but I just want to ask if you have any idea where Eddie is."
"Eddie Munson?"
"Yeah I'm an old friend and I just saw what people are accusing him of. It's wrong and I want to help him, but I need to know where he is first."
"Oh um...I think you should go talk to Dustin about this."
"Dustin?"
"Yeah Dustin Henderson. He was the uh last person with Eddie."
"Great. Do you know where he is?"
"Yeah he's at the highschool volunteering to help get people out of here."
"Alright thank you so much and I hope Max gets better soon."
"Yeah me too."