Chapter Thirty Three: Here I Go Again

My mind buzzes with alcohol and the thought of Eddie as I drive home. Once home I dash to my room and figure out my plan. I'm going to have to open another gate to get into the upside down. I can't let anyone know about this. I gather supplies and put it all in my backpack. I grab the walkie from my dresser. I stare at it in my hands.
"Just in case" I say as I put the walkie in my backpack.
I zip up my bag and look towards Eddie's shelf. I take down the polaroid of us at the picnic table. For a second I question what I'm doing. Any sane person would overcome this. But if I have the opportunity to bring back a life I'm gonna do it. I choose my Corroded Coffin T-shirt, a jean jacket Eddie and I customized a few years ago, and a pair of black ripped jeans to wear. I change my clothes. I put on my leather boots from the closet and lace them up. I look into my mirror. Something is missing. I spot Eddie's bandana draped on my headboard. I grab it and use it to tie my hair into a ponytail. I'm ready. I put my backpack on and take Eddie's sword down from it's shelf. I focus on my wall and close my eyes. I can hear the sounds of ripping in front of me. I open my eyes to that familiar fleshy tear in my wall. I take a deep breath and cut it open with the sword. A blast of cold spore filled air washes over me. I shudder as a chill runs down my spine. I step through into the vast expanse of red cliffs. Screeches echo through the air. I would've never thought that I'd be back. I look around. It's gonna be a long adventure to find Eddie's body, but it's all gonna be worth it in the end.