Chapter 11: The chase

The golden horse sprinted across the land with the speed of a wild cat. Bullets fired all around as the unknown outlaws chased Gold Tiger along the Northern border of the state and it was lasting hours, though it felt like seconds, perhaps the adrenaline kicked into the horses made it seem that way. His rider was feeling the same as he tugged his reins many of times, having to drive around dangerously near cliffs and trees. They were far from the roads and in the wilderness of the night.

"Who are these arseholes?" Robert asked himself as he looked back onto them.

They did seem familiar to Robert though he was still trying to piece it all together. Though 2 of those voices did seem to be familiar to him...then it came to him.

~

"You hear something John?"

"It may be the Indians Bill."

"SHUT UP JOHN!"

~

"Oh hang on, oh they're those pricks who moved into that bloody manor. And started a bar fight. What do you say to that Gold Tiger?" He asked his horse.

He neighed an answer as his legs pounded against the ground.

"Aye, another lot of pricks that need sortin' out" Robert chuckled as the thrill of the chase boiled his blood in excitement. Now the gap between the trio of Dutch's boys and the Red Wolf was increasing with more ground covering for him.

The other horses were falling far behind, though due to the darkness of the plains they couldn't tell if they were still chasing the Red Wolf or not. Though the anger in their riders seemed to blind their vision.

"There!" Bill angrily yelled as he fired his repeater out onto a dark figure in the distance. But it didn't fall. And the reason why showed up as it was a tree instead.

"That's not him Bill!" John roared out as he aimed his revolver out to everywhere around him.

"Dammit! Well where is he!?" They had now lost sight of him.

The 3 outlaws were still together, though they had no look seeing the Red Wolf or his golden horse. All they saw were the large hills and white rocks surrounding them. Davey was reloading his repeater rifle as he tried to assess the situation at hand. They can't lose this score.

"He can't have gotten far." Davey stated as he finished reloading.

"Did you see who he was?" Bill asked.

"Nah...he's a lone rider though." Davey commented on as he turned his horse circling around trying to spot this man.

"Who do you think it is? Butch Cassidy? Landon Ricketts? Black Belle?" John asked.

"Ricketts is a vigilante you fool!" Yelled an English sounding voice. All men looked to their left as they saw the golden horse upon the hill. Though the figure was covered in the darkness as all they saw was a black outline.

"Davey you cut him off!" Bill roared as he and John went off to give chase! Davey turned right as he went straight for the foot of the hill hoping to surprise him. Only to see the golden stallion to run past him at great speed from a distance away into a deep forest.  He fired his repeater rifle many of times but couldn't land a shot at all. He cursed to himself as he met up with Bill and John, both as confused and frustrated as he was.

"I can't keep up! He must have the fastest horse in the world. He'd give the Count a run for his money!" Davey groaned, he pointed towards the big forest ahead of them as the 3 stuck together. The woodland glade at night is not a place where one would want to be, unless you were desperate or prepared. Either one of the 2 parties were desperate or prepared.