Chapter 23: Dutch Van Der Linde

It was a snowy day, a blizzard had hurtled down as Decembers winters were harsh in North Dakota. A gang of outlaws were at a dam where a river was flowing past. It was Sheyenne river one of the largest rivers in the state of North Dakota. All were on a special job that they couldn't refuse.

Someone who had a lot of money  was trying to buy out the lands that were owned by ranchers for him to develop. So he hired the Colt Mason gang to break the dam and let the water loose onto the land and make it seem like an accident.

Though they had to be careful, they're wanted men after all. Some bounty hunters were after them. So this job was guaranteed to pay them $1000 so they needed this done right. The same price that their bounty poster was for them.

They had camped out by an an abandoned settlement with some wagons and armed guns to defend themselves from people out gunning for them. One of the men was on lookout as the leader was setting about the plan. Armed with his repeater rifle, no one was gonna get past him.

"Jesus Colt, some payroll we're on. I don't care that it's hard cash! I need something more real to hit me." He complained as he smoked his cigar, though he didn't see what was coming as he looked to his right.

The butt of a shotgun knocked him out. Before the Red Wolf began hogtying the crook with his lasso. Continuing his stealth approach the hunter approached the camp ahead on the banks with a certain plan on how to take down these men. He was now in his winter attire with his fur mantle on. The only thing that made him look red was his red puff tie.

Nearby a brunette woman was pulling out an icicle from a tree as she looked onto it. Not thinking much as she was on guard she tried to use it as a telescope looking around. She wore white winter clothing with a double barrel shotgun as her weapon of choice.

Then she looked through it and saw the Red Wolf standing there with a smile on his face.

"Ice to see you." He witted.

Before she could think next Red Wolf grabbed the icicle quick before whacking it into the outlaws face. She fell to the snow as he proceeded to hogtie her as well. Though he had to gag her mouth with a cloth as she wasn't unconscious like the other guard.

"Cat caught your tongue lady?" He joked as she struggled with her bonds and her trying to scream out loud but couldn't.

"Or wolf in this case." He smugly stated as he put her hat back on her head before he went over to his next targets. He knew this time it would be harder.

He crept into the main camp eying up the people within. They were just gossiping whatever nonsense they wanted to talk about. He didn't see the outlaw Colt Mason around, he knew to be careful around that man as he is known for being quick with a knife. For now he needed most of the gang captured and brought back to Jamestown alive. He soon saw his next target as he silently went deeper to the enemy lines.

Another man by the food wagon walked over to the supplies and thinking no-one was looking he took a chocolate bar and began eating it. It was likely the leader's food he was stealing but as long as he didn't see he wouldn't know...until now.

"Eat your vegetables." A Scouse English voice called.

The man looked around as he panicked and threw the candy bar into the wagon and wiped his face of any chocolate. He went down to reach his sawed off shotgun with a couple of shells inside ready to blast at anyone who was intruding. Though unbeknownst to him a black gloved hand had reached into the food wagon from the opposite side and launched his distraction at the bounty.