Chapter 31: The Large Golden Gun

September 14th 1890

More than 2 years had passed, those years were eventful for the Wolves of Dakota. Their adventures were noticed by the locals who had appreciated them for who they were. They hadn't done much bad and when they did it was usually against bad folk who deserved it. The Red Wolf in question had grown up quite a bit, he had grown to around 5 foot 11 now and cause of his puberty growth he gained facial hairs earlier than the others in the gang, sporting a Doc Holliday look on him.

The others had their own puberty and growth spurts so everyone was all on the same page. This day though they made a good take.

It was a cloudy day in North Dakota, nothing out of the ordinary. Though for some people it was unfortunate that they were being robbed. But they were people who deserved to be robbed. The stagecoach was travelling to Montana state border at the town of Sidney carrying 9 passengers with a driver and one shotgun messenger armed with his double barrelled gun.

They were traveling across a grassy meadow filled with many wild flowers and the odd few trees. It was beautiful countryside to be in, though up ahead in a rocky terrain ahead was where 3 riders stood with bandanas on.

"What the hell?" The driver wondered as he saw what was ahead. The riders had now started to ride closer to wagon so the driver stopped the wagon as the guard pulled out his shotgun ready to shoot.

"Alright, take a left turn here! I'll take care of these-"

A pair of bullets shot right into his elbows.

"OW! MY GODAMN ARMS!" The messenger screamed as he dropped his shotgun over the side. Then some other gunshots were heard as the 3 riders came down shooting their guns in the air. Behind was were a lone rider with a sombrero on aiming his repeater down at the stage. The Sniper emerged from the tree as he climbed down and a single shooter emerged from hidden rocks to attack at the sides with their weapons pointed out.

It was the Wolves.

"Stand and deliver!" The Green Wolf yelled out aiming his gun at all the passengers inside as he dismounted.

"Get off your bench and by the horses! Everyone get out and stand in line with hands up!" Red Wolf roared as he saw the 2 men at the front sheepishly do as he says. "If you would all be so kind as to do what we say, your day may not be this bad." Red Wolf added as he pointed his black Scholfields at back at the passengers.

The terrified passengers did just that as they emptied their pockets and purses on themselves. Giving whatever jewellery they had, they seemed quite villainous in their attack, as it was all by surprise and everyone was taken off guard. But the Wolves wouldn't have attacked innocents, it was not  in their rules. But it was permitted that those who robbed other people deserved robbing. Especially those who hated Indians and tried to ruin them further.

These were reporters, a philanthropist, a lawyer, and advertisers, they were all on payroll under Thomas Ashmore. Who seemed hard pressed to seize Reservation land to increase his gold mine's stocks and had hired these people to make it seem legitimate. Though maybe after this, he might reconsider hiring people who got robbed. This was a  job the original quartet loved doing the most. Hitting back at the people who wanted to ruin and subjugate the natives who lived on the land for centuries.

Shane and Marko were rummaging through the luggage at the back as George was on lookout with his repeater rifle on him. All was going quiet and they didn't expect to see much law as  they were still in the middle of no-where. Bruce was going through the wagon to search for anything hidden as Robert dealt with the driver and shotgun messenger.